learning to use repair services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

Today the RV Dr here in Mesa fixed my toilet water feed problem.  There were a couple pebbles just before the cutoff valve.  Now I have better pressure than I've ever had.  What a joy.  It's like recovering an RV.  It's sure money well spent for me to hire a professional.  He also explained what he did, how, and what to look for if more sediment gets trapped in that tiny opening. 

I'm going to recaulk around the back door myself.  Chinook recommended ParBond.  I don't know if that's a brand unique to the northwest.  Ace here in Mesa doesn't carry it.  I'll check Lee's on Main St.  I have clear, but I need white, and most likely more than the little tube I have on hand.  If I clean the old caulk thoroughly, should I caulk over it or remove it?  I don't want to remove some essential sealer underneath.

--pat

You should remove as much of the old caulk as possible, otherwise the only bond you will have to the joint will be the old caulk, which will fail faster.
I heated an old flat blade screwdrive with a propane torch and bent it to a right angle about 1" from the end. This works great for carefully scraping the old caulk out without marring the surrounding surfaces.

Woody

Back
Top Bottom