Levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colleenfl

I know I saw a post in here and cannot find it so I hope this is the right place to post this question.

Our automatic levelers last weekend when we went to put the jacks down a couple of things happened. We were on pavement there was a slight slope so one wheel lifted off which tells me that the jack for that wheel off the ground was extended out all the way, so we manually tried adjusting it and got it somewhat level where the back slides would come open. We realized we felt a little tipped when we were inside so we retracted all jacks to start over.

The problem now is the one jack appears to not be coming down allthough the instrument panel tells us they are all down, and we just had a complete checkup on the MH July 1st where everything was greased lubricated, etc.
Has anyone had this happen to them? There was not a whole in the manual on this and I cannot tell you the brand of our leveling system.

We will be bringing the MH into the dealer hopefully mid week to have awnings installed over all the windows maybe they will have time to fix this problem or is this something we can fix ourselves?

I hope this all made sense.

Thanks
Colleen

Can't say for sure this is your problem, but we once had a similar situation on a Coachman a few years back.  It seems as tho once our 1 jack had been extended to the max, it reacted funny after that.  Tried numberous things and only appeared to disapate after we bled the hydro system the 3rd time.  So I appearwd to me that somehow we had gotten air in our system, much as air in brake lines occur.  It's an outside shot this could be the culpert,  Might be worth a try anyway, then you know you havfe fresh fluid in the lines and no air. Time consuming but not very costly.  Good luck.

Dealer good in this case.  What kind of jacks?  Power Gear jacks sense oil level in the reservor and if it's not full say "JACKS DOWN" even if they are all up and verified by vision.

A jack not coming down means one of two or three things depending on the following

Jack does not come down and no oil pooling anywhere under MH.  Jack stuck or more likely solonoid burned outo or stuck (no pressure to jack)

2: Jack not coming down and oil pooling on jack pad and ground beneith... Blown seals

3: Oil elsewhere under rig.. Blown hose

I'm opting for 1

John In Detroit said:
...Jack does not come down and no oil pooling anywhere under MH.? Jack stuck or more likely solonoid burned outo or stuck (no pressure to jack)...

I'm just learning how all this works.? So when you hit the down button on one jack, the pressure turns on for the whole system AND a solenoid directs fluid to that one jack?

I've got a condition where the directed jack moves and a couple of other move also, though they don't seem to have the pressure to lift the MH when they touch the ground like the directed jack does.? Does that indicate that their solenoid valves are not closing completely?? Is that normal to prevent a pressure overload or should it be fixed?

MFA,

There may be some systems where jack work in pairs, but I haven't see none. You should be able to control each one individually with no movement from the others. I would suspect a leaking solenoid valve or two. Is there any specific pattern like, if you extend the right front, the left front also extends, or something like that?

The HWH jacks work in pairs to prevent twisting of the frame while leveling.

Ned  Don't remember what kind of jacks we had on the 93 Coachman but they would work in pair or individually. Two leverss and an 8 point sort of gear box set up. Coiuld raise front or rear jointly or independently, rears the same, the each side together or separately.  I sort ot liked it better than what I have together specially on uneven terrain.

The HWH jacks work together, even on uneven ground.  The first jack in the pair to hit the ground stops extending until the other jack reaches the ground, then both are extended together to raise the side/front/back, depending on the pair selected.  Almost impossible to twist the frame this way unless one jack subsequently sinks.  There is no way for us to extend just one jack.

Ned you may have hit on something... If one of his jacks is a bit "Sticky" and perhaps needs lubrication then the other jack is going to come down first... If he's watching them and sees just one jack coming down it is possible that all he needs to do is keep extending

If one jack is a bit harder to drop, then when the 1st jack is down, the other should follow, and when both are down up goes the rig

Thanks everyone. Our levelers are Power Gear. The problem solved itself. They are working fine now I guess it was a one time issue. I think the problem may be is that we got an air bubble or something that worked itself out. THe time we had the problem we could not get MH level even though it said level by no means was it level you could feel it, if you know what I mean. I guess we played with it to much by manually leveling as well, we either had an small air pocket or we had the computer all confused. It has been working just fine ever since.

Colleen

Our Power Gear levelers work as follows:

Two front go down together to raise front of coach.

Two rear go down together to raise rear of coach.

Left or right rear only go down to raise respective sides of coach. If the front two jacks are not down enough to allow fluid to level between them when lifting one side or the other there is a terrific twisting applied to frame so even when front is higher than rear of coach the fronts will go down enough to allow the left/right leveling of the front jacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom