LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Batts (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stop reading now unless you want to feel worse

Final warning...
I just bought a pair of ReBel 200AH 12V LiFePo4 batteries with smart bluetooth BMS for just under $1,500 total with tax and shipping delivered, they arrived yesterday. Sure there is a catch at that price, they were from a discounted mis-manufactured batch, where the wrong BMS was installed 100A vs speced and labeled 150A BMS (along with some trivial other stuff, like the external switch is not waterproof). So now I have to live with only 200A max charge / discharge rate vs 300, and a stick on label covering the 150A number on the battery case in exchange for saving $220 per battery off regular price, still comes with full 5 year warranty.

For anyone interested they still had a couple left on ebay last night

Last edited:
So now I have to live with only 200A max charge / discharge rate vs 300,
As if anybody will be charging at above 200A in an RV. You sure got a good deal, 400AH @ 1.5K$. How long has that deal been available?

But is one of your 200 AH batts the same physical size as my 300 AH? My 300 AH is in a 200 AH case, but is more heavy than others that are 200 AH.

-Don- Reno, NV

ReBel Batteries posted a youtube teardown video on these batteries (from a new supplier) on Sept 21, stating they would be selling them at a discounted price because they were not built to spec, here is a link
They don't state the size of this lot, but as of this morning Nov 9th, they still show 2 of the 200AH left available on ebay (2 available and 7 sold, was 2 sold when I ordered mine on Friday). Here is link to their ebay store, they have several damaged and refurb batteries listed as auctions at the moment. They also have the 100AH without waterproof switch from this same new supplier batch listed at $368 each

p.s. I have a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter, so in theory in corner cases I might bump into the 200 amp max discharge rate, running the inverter at full load while the furnace blower is on, etc. Of course actual cut off is probably set at 10% above rating so 220 amps, ...

p.p.s. here is a link to their ebay store it can be hard to find reBel Batteries | eBay Stores

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom