Light Switch Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalman RVer

In the bedroom of our Glendale, we had one of lights go on us, a 10 or 12" fluorescent double fixture type in the center of the room, so I checked the bedroom fuse... all fine there in the panel, then we ordered a new 12v LED fixture & installed it; turns out it is not the fixture at all but somewhere before it.  I kind of wondered as the fixture just "went off" no dimming our anything, anyhow I wanted to pull the switch from the wall to check connections there but cannot figure how to unclip it from the wall & don't want to break anything.  Must be some tabs to push in that will release it? All other lights work in the bedroom & when the fuse is pulled none work so it is not the fuse. The switch only operates the one light in the center of the bedroom (the one not working) & that is on the same fuse as the other lights. See attached pic of the switch.

Attachments

• Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 29
I would think that the cover would just pop off. Take a look at this link.  There are 2 holes for mounting on the wall. They're not expensive if you break it.  You could also call the company which makes them and ask them.
(574) 262-1258  https://www.atcomp.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Single-Switch-12-Volt-Trailer-Camper/dp/B078MKLQKZ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534876287&sr=8-3&keywords=rv+12v+light+switch

Ok, thanks for the replies on that.  I just didn't want to pry things apart & have the pieces fly!  I will check it out.

Yes, the faceplate popped off ok this time.  Just didn't want to pry & shatter things.  The problem was one of the terminals at the switch had come off in behind.  All good now!

Attachments

• 20180821_183022.jpg
    20180821_183022.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom