Lippert auto levelers - Low voltage issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin27

Thanks to this forum and the Thor owners forum I was able to solve this issue.  Thought I'd post it for another easily searchable solution in case anyone else has the problem. 

I was using the levelers when they suddenly gave a low voltage warning on the LCD display.  From then, I couldn't get anything related to it to work and it just kept displaying that message.  I tested the house batteries and they were fine.  Then I found the high voltage breaker that I read about and sure enough it had a yellow bar hanging down.  Once I flipped it back into position everything worked fine.

I am curious.  I assumed the levelers worked off of the motor's battery not the house batteries (especially since I've been told to make sure the engine is running when doing the leveling), but since the reset switch was located 6 inches from the house batteries and they were located inside the same compartment as the leveler controller, does it instead run from the house batteries? 

Marc

See if the breaker has a wire attached to you house batteries and that should answer your question as to which batteries the levelers are working from.

When the engine is running, the house and ch chassis batteries are  connected. As such the house battery voltage is higher due to the alternator charging. A higher voltage provides more torque to the pump motor and making life easier any motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvaRidge
Back
Top Bottom