Little Critter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE: So the weather was nice enough to unzip the cover and go inside, I found out what this little critter was doing with all the paper towels. He made a nest with 3/4 of a roll of towels in the drawer under my couch. I cleaned that all out and installed the Owl on the counter top over looking the front half of the RV. Now we wait. Oh I sprayed some god awful smelling hand sanitizer also. I might put up a trail cam.

UPDATE: So the weather was nice enough to unzip the cover and go inside, I found out what this little critter was doing with all the paper towels. He made a nest with 3/4 of a roll of towels in the drawer under my couch. I cleaned that all out and installed the Owl on the counter top over looking the front half of the RV. Now we wait. Oh I sprayed some god awful smelling hand sanitizer also. I might put up a trail cam.
Good idea with the trail cam as then you'll know what it is and hopefully how many.

Son of gun he also used up a whole roll of toilet paper to add to the paper towel nest. You have to enlarge this picture to see it in the middle20240222_094441.jpg

As I predicted - a nester - LOL... Soon you would have had a family in there - LOL...

I wonder if any one has tried an electrified perimeter. I am thinking a very short chicken wire boundary. Electric fence controllers are pretty cheap.

RV is covered right now plus the weather. I'll keep checking. It doesn't have anything to make a nest. Plus I have the owl in there. I have a motion sensor alarm that will scare the crap out of it. Except it will probably go off in the middle of the night.20210904_154330.jpg

Update The Owl got rid of the squirrel for a while. I was taking down bluebird houses that the squirrels chewed the holes larger for entry and found a nest with babies, after I unscrewed it from the tree. The babies fell out, I quickly scooped them up and put them back. I went back to check the next day and the mother grabbed 2 of the 3 and went I believe back in my RV because the motion sensor went off. One of the babies didn't survive she must have dropped it when moving. So this saga continues.

Update The Owl got rid of the squirrel for a while. I was taking down bluebird houses that the squirrels chewed the holes larger for entry and found a nest with babies, after I unscrewed it from the tree. The babies fell out, I quickly scooped them up and put them back. I went back to check the next day and the mother grabbed 2 of the 3 and went I believe back in my RV because the motion sensor went off. One of the babies didn't survive she must have dropped it when moving. So this saga continues.
You too nice - death to all varmints! Is the only way to win this war. The sooner you end their lives the less likely you will experience serious damages to your home.
I had a mouse war last year that has left me victorious but disturbed.

Killing varmints is a last-resort thing for me. I'd much rather encourage them to live their lives elsewhere. But at the end of the story, I'm the one who is the apex predator and the critter's lifestyle is going to have to adjust to my needs.

You too nice - death to all varmints! Is the only way to win this war. The sooner you end their lives the less likely you will experience serious damages to your home.
I had a mouse war last year that has left me victorious but disturbed.
I refuse to kill anything that doesn't attack me. I did my thing in Vietnam

Killing varmints is a last-resort thing for me. I'd much rather encourage them to live their lives elsewhere. But at the end of the story, I'm the one who is the apex predator and the critter's lifestyle is going to have to adjust to my needs.
I made a nest for her with an old birdhouse with shredded paper towels and attached it to a tree. I'm going outside now with nuts the wife picked up at the store. See if I can lure her outside again. Also I have the radio blaring in the RV right now LOL

I refuse to kill anything that doesn't attack me. I did my thing in Vietnam
Should include your property being attacked too, IMO.

BTW, I was infantry in RVN (Army 11B, 1969-70, mostly in the Central Highland jungles).

I was just reading some stuff on the web about Vietnam vets. Such as how many Vietnam vets are still alive today. I see answers from 25 to 75%, which means nobody really knows, but perhaps we can assume around 50%. But these days, 390 Vietnam vets die per day, it says in the link below.

This also got me by surprise, because I always heard it was the helicopter door gunners, but, no, it was my job, according to here.

"What was the deadliest job in Vietnam?

According to the Department of Defense, infantry soldiers had the highest casualties during the Vietnam War, making infantry the deadliest job in Vietnam."

But do they mean numbers or percentage? No doubt if they mean numbers, but I was looking for percentage. Above needs to be clarified, IMO.

-Don- Reno, NV

Should include your property being attacked too, IMO.

BTW, I was infantry in RVN (Army 11B, 1969-70, mostly in the Central Highland jungles).

I was just reading some stuff on the web about Vietnam vets. Such as how many Vietnam vets are still alive today. I see answers from 25 to 75%, which means nobody really knows, but perhaps we can assume around 50%. But these days, 390 Vietnam vets die per day, it says in the link below.

This also got me by surprise, because I always heard it was the helicopter door gunners, but, no, it was my job, according to here.

"What was the deadliest job in Vietnam?

According to the Department of Defense, infantry soldiers had the highest casualties during the Vietnam War, making infantry the deadliest job in Vietnam."

But do they mean numbers or percentage? No doubt if they mean numbers, but I was looking for percentage. Above needs to be clarified, IMO.

-Don- Reno, NV
It’s counterintuitive too but the most dangerous job in the Pacific theater, like at Guadalcanal, Tarawa, … wasn’t grunts in the Marines, but sailors. A Heavy Cruiser could go down and take 400 men with it, many destroyers were sunk with losses to the entire crew, and then there were the sharks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom