Location of fresh water holding tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robozone1969

Hello, I am looking for the location of my fresh water holding tank on my 1999 thor residence class A motor coach. Went to fill it up a couple of weeks ago and it leaks like Niagara falls. So I've been searching for it ever since. No luck contacting thor ind,nothing on social media, I've looked under,over,through and no luck. They say it must have access somewhere inside, but still no luck. Does anybody have any info on this particular model? Thanks

It won't be far from the gravity fill tube (if you have one) or the water pump. Turn the pump on to make some noise and start searching near there. Most motorhomes place the tanks under the floor and between the frame members, but a few have put the tank under the bed

You say it leaks badly; where is the water exiting? And have you looked at the filler tubing itself? Holes in the tank itself aren't really common - a loose or broken connection in the fresh fill plumbing is a better bet.

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have a fresh water(gravity fill) and knowledge of where pump is. Was thinking same thing that connection between tank and pump is what is leaking because no water makes it to pump. I've tried to fallow fill tube,and lines from pump,but no luck. There is what seems to be a sub-floor where water was exiting, I cut a corner off of seemed to be like a fiberglass mesh,and and can see in about 4 feet,but water is turning a corner where I can't see. Inside unit about where I can see ( from underneath) approximately 4 feet,is a hall way closet, and in walkway (hallway) is about where I think leak is. But no access from closet, or hall way. Opened up underneath rear bed and only thing there was mechanism for slidout.

The most common location for a potable water tank is under the bed. If the water shows up as soon as you begin to put water into the tank it may be that the connection between the fill opening and the tank is where the leak is. If you could post some pictures of what you have it might help us to point you in the right direction.

The most common location for a potable water tank is under the bed. If the water shows up as soon as you begin to put water into the tank it may be that the connection between the fill opening and the tank is where the leak is. If you could post some pictures of what you have it might help us to point you in the right direction.
I think it may be in bedroom ( under bed) but it's deceiving because it's a slid out. Could it be that wife when filling it had hose on full blast,and it just over filled to quickly, but it doesn't explain why pump isn't getting any water thru it.

The Gravity fill is going to be a straight shot down into the tank.. They don't snake those fill tubes around much. You need to find the gravity fill on the inside and you will find the tank.

Charles

Could it be that wife when filling it had hose on full blast,and it just over filled to quickly,
Highly unlikely. Even with a bedroom slide the tank could very well be under the bed as the bed doesn't slide out the entire length. Where is the gravity fill located on the outside of your RV? The tank will be very close to that point but below it. Pictures of what you have might help us to help you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbwrecker
Back
Top Bottom