Location of leveling jack reservoir on a 2005 Itasca Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvleemin

OK,
I think my HWH leveling jack reservoir is likely a bit low. However, I cannot for the life of my find the reservoir. I've tried looking everywhere. I can't believe I can't find it so I'm hoping someone with the same or similiar model can help me out.

It's a 2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD with a Frieghtliner chassis and HWH jacks.

Thanks,

Darryl

On 05 Meridian it under the entrance steps yours maybe in the same place

tugboat said:
On 05 Meridian it under the entrance steps yours maybe in the same place

Can't find it there - that is where the control board is for the jacks though

Attachments

• IMG_2676.JPG
    IMG_2676.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
  • FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 25
Try coming top-down instead of bottom-up...  on my '04 Vectra the top two entry step are hinged (1/4" nut in front center under the lip) and the reservoir is located beneath it.  You fill by holding the step up to get access to the top of the reservoir.

My control box is in about the same location as yours, bolted on the frame.

Check under the steps, lift them up, just make sure the jacks are retracted and the slides are in the proper position, check your owners manual, some models require a slide to be out.

I found mine by finding a jack, then tracing the lines back to the tank.  Get it on a paved surface, get a creeper and flashlight, then just spend a few minutes chasing the lines. 

On my older Fleetwood Pace Arrow (1998) the reservoir is buried behind the chassis battery.

I had to remove the battery to top off the reservoir (ATF Type A - Dextron III - have fun deciphering today's equivalents!). The fill plug was in such a difficult position that it was impossible to top it off it without some spillage. Whoever designs tmotorhomes doesn't seem to give a thought to future maintenance/repair accessibility. Sorry--end of rant.

Not sure which model HWH you have but on the 03 Itasca Horizon it is mounted on the frame rail just inside the wall slide and it is behind a small panel.
The reservoir is also part of the pump/motor assy so you can have someone hit the jack or slide switch and listen for the motor to help find it.
they do a pretty good job of keeping the assy out of the way!  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom