Loss of undefined fluid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

If you saw this under your RV and over the bottom of engine and up the rear of coach, where do you think it came from?

Attachments

• essextrannyfill1-1.jpg
    essextrannyfill1-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 42
Could be coolant.  Or blood :)  Does it feel like oil or water?

It almost looks like some off brand of power steering fluid, perhaps from a hrydraulic line such as the jacks or even contaminated brake fluid.  And yes even the afore mentioned Anti-freeze that is very old.  Good luck

We had a foamy orange fluid leaking under the coach when we pulled the brake drain levers.

The tanks have dryers installed but also have the levers to manually drain them - non of this is stated in the manual nor was stated at the dealer.

When we explained it to Freightliner (when they were replacing our front brakes under warranty), they thought it could be coolant - but said it was nothing to worry about.

Does seem strange to me.

Paul

PS They also said our tires were "out of round" (causing steering wheel vibration) and should have been noticed at the PDI stage - good old Lazydays again !

Ned said:
Could be coolant.? Or blood :)? Does it feel like oil or water?

It's a new coach of a brand forum member. He had a problem and was towed which did some damage that lead to a series of problems involving the engine and tranny. These were supposedly fixed and he was on way home when he noticed this stuff. Engine and tranny were running at proper temperatures. He says it feels slicker than water,

Does it feel like an oil based product or just "slick" water?  He should be able to tell the difference.

Ned said:
Does it feel like an oil based product or just "slick" water?? He should be able to tell the difference.

He's discovered the loss of about a gallon and half of coolant. It should be red as its Shell Rottela ELC but maybe its mixed with tranny fluid at cooler or something similar.

Leo,

The ELc stuff tends to be slippery but not as much as tranny fluid.  Also when it "drys" it tends to get sticky like dried pancake syrup that you did not get completely wiped off your hands.  BG  BTDT!!

Hey Jim, it was good to meet you a while ago. Ernie- actually sitting in my wanderlodge on 9th st island, Livingston, Mt

After now reading the rest of the thread, sure would seem to be Antifreeze.  Perhaps from the coolers of the tranny or steering  Have trace that line extra good and find out what is amuk

Ernie,

If I had thought of it, I could have hit your RV with a rock as we passed by on the bridge Sunday the 16th!!    VBG  You are really tucked in there!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom