Love the new forum software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rene, those "3 horizontal bars at the top left hand corner" aren't there for everyone. On my PC with Firefox there's a white rectangle that says FORUMS (next to some other labels/words), and it has a small, down-pointing arrow. Clicking on it gives a menu. Those "3 horizontal bars at the top left hand corner" seem to be on mobile devices, but not on PCs, at least not that I've seen.

Rene, those "3 horizontal bars at the top left hand corner" aren't there for everyone. On my PC with Firefox there's a white rectangle that says FORUMS (next to some other labels/words), and it has a small, down-pointing arrow. Clicking on it gives a menu. Those "3 horizontal bars at the top left hand corner" seem to be on mobile devices, but not on PCs, at least not that I've seen.
Good catch Larry. They don't display on my PC or my Android tablet, but do on my Android phone.

Good catch Larry. They don't display on my PC or my Android tablet, but do on my Android phone.
Same here . I just checked my PC and they are not there.
It’s funny when I rotate my phone 90*, the 3 horizontal bars disappear.

Last edited:
Day one & two using it I wasn't sure about the change, now it is GREAT and having the date it was first posted is a rea great asset. Rich

Aye Tom, once folks figure out where everything is, they get more comfortable with it. It had been 15 years since we last made a major platform shift, and I almost forgot what folks went through adjusting to the change.

I noticed the old forum software had some rather strange bugs. But I also wondered if some of it was deliberate.

For an example, if I copied and paste from somewhere else on the web, it would show as blank when I did the preview. I assume it would post the same way.

But what I type in myself would show fine.

Anybody else notice that? Can anybody explain it?

This new forum software does NOT have that bug.

I like this new forum software MUCH better than the old for many reasons.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I noticed the old forum software had some rather strange bugs. But I also wondered if some of it was deliberate.

For an example, if I copied and paste from somewhere else on the web, it would show as blank when I did the preview. I assume it would post the same way.

But what I type in myself would show fine.

Anybody else notice that? Can anybody explain it?

This new forum software does NOT have that bug.

I like this new forum software MUCH better than the old for many reasons.

-Don- Auburn, CA
I Don't recall that being reported as an issue Don. In fact, I posted numerous links, and didn't experience the issue. Glad it's no longer an issue for you.

I never experienced that, either. Cut and paste worked equally well from my system or from the web, and both were just as good as typing (better 'cause less effort).

I Don't recall that being reported as an issue Don. In fact, I posted numerous links, and didn't experience the issue. Glad it's no longer an issue for you.
Links were not the issue. Plain ascii text, even pasted from Windows Notepad, would not show on "preview". But would show fine right when I pasted it in. I assumed it would also not post. But I never tried because it didn't show on preview and I didn't want to post a mostly blank message.

I don't see why I would be the only one with that issue, as it happened on different computers with different internet connections, including the laptop I used on my last RV trip. Both from free wireless as well as when I used my portable Verizon Hotspot.

I wondered if it was to prevent spamming here or something like that. So I never bothered to mention it.

Anyway., here I can use the same computer and same internet connection, same Notepad copy and paste and all works perfectly.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Links were not the issue. Plain ascii text, even pasted from Windows Notepad, would not show on "preview". But would show fine right when I pasted it in. I assumed it would also not post. But I never tried because it didn't show on preview and I didn't want to post a mostly blank message.

I don't see why I would be the only one with that issue, as it happened on different computers with different internet connections, including the laptop I used on my last RV trip. Both from free wireless as well as when I used my portable Verizon Hotspot.

I wondered if it was to prevent spamming here or something like that. So I never bothered to mention it.

Anyway., here I can use the same computer and same internet connection, same Notepad copy and paste and all works perfectly.

-Don- Auburn, CA
Thanks for the clarification Don. That also was an issue I didn't experience or see a report on. But it's all academic now, since it's working fine here for you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom