Low Country Boil with lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

One of our Alabama friends did a boil the other night and it was delicious.
We all kicked in and got 12 lobsters and he did all the work. Lol
When in Maine.....

Attachments

• 20230728_183808.jpg
    20230728_183808.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230728_183801.jpg
    20230728_183801.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 22
One of our Alabama friends did a boil the other night and it was delicious.
We all kicked in and got 12 lobsters and he did all the work. Lol
When in Maine.....
How do we get invited for a future event. Yummy? Have 5th wheel and will travel1

We attended 6 or 8 lobster boils while on a Maritimes trip. Seemed about every-other dinner was lobster, with some mussels on the side sometimes.
I must have gained 10# that trip.

Just returned from a trip to maine. Had the best lobster rolls ever at this little out of the way pub, Birchwood brewing in Gray Maine. Heading home we stopped at a place near old mystic seaport, Abbots, dining outdoors eating 1 1/2 lb lobsters, along with the best mussels and clam chowder accompanied with a bottle of BYOB favorite fine wine...

Safe travels and all the best

What gets eaten in a crawfish? Just the tail? We have a Chinese buffet here and they always have a huge plater with crawfish. I guess I’ll have to try one next time we go

The tail and suck the juice out of the head, not sure about the buffet.
We spent 2 months in Louisiana and really enjoyed a good crawfish boil.
I'm not all that big on lobster, but my friend really did a great job of cooking it. I liked all the spices in the boil.

I guess I incorrectly assumed that they were in Alabama when they did the Lobster boil. After having lived on the gulf coast outside of New Orleans for a few years, I acquired a great apreciation for boiled crawfish.. Dont knock em till you tried them..

Safe Travels and all the best.

Reactions: SMR
Back in the late 70s I worked at the Tugboat in Boothbay Harbor for a season. I told the kid that was doing Prep that Lobsters were Crawdads from down Louisiana that grew up and headed North.

The tail and suck the juice out of the head, not sure about the buffet.
We spent 2 months in Louisiana and really enjoyed a good crawfish boil.
I'm not all that big on lobster, but my friend really did a great job of cooking it. I liked all the spices in the boil.
I'm a big crawdad lover. I used trapped them in the clear, cold rivers in N. California. They were blue and up to about 6" long. Never saw any crawdads in Arkansas that can compete. The ones here are just muddy brown and not very big. That said, there really isn't any 'juice' in the head, so to speak. So I think the "juice sucking" thing is more of an affectation to impress Northerners that anything else.

Boy, they're good, though!

Back
Top Bottom