Lower Differential Gears and 4 Down Towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hes4all said:
When you start to modify your Jeep it is time to trailer it.

That's all well and good save for the fact that I already have a mh, a boat trailer, and a ulitlity trailer, plus two vehicles at my house, and would have to pay storage to keep another trailer. Given the cost of the trailer, maintenance, and storage, I could replace a lot of ball joints.

Tom,
Within reason I wouldn't sweat the height issue (within reason). We do better with the Jeep (2.5" lift on new Rubicon) than we do with my Azera. You can use your arms much better going higher than with low slung seats.
Ernie

Water Dog said:
That's all well and good save for the fact that I already have a mh, a boat trailer, and a ulitlity trailer, plus two vehicles at my house, and would have to pay storage to keep another trailer. Given the cost of the trailer, maintenance, and storage, I could replace a lot of ball joints.
Don't forget the tires too? LOl I do understand what you are saying. Where does it in? The Jeep that I am building right now will have 42" tall tires but be street legal here in Idaho. But I will still trailer it when I go on long trips. In the beginning I did tow my Jeep and one day I saw a little smoke from the back. I pulled over and foung that the sterring wheel had locked into place. It wasted one tire. Things do happen. Thanks

hes4all said:
Don't forget the tires too? LOl I do understand what you are saying. Where does it in? The Jeep that I am building right now will have 42" tall tires but be street legal here in Idaho. But I will still trailer it when I go on long trips. In the beginning I did tow my Jeep and one day I saw a little smoke from the back. I pulled over and foung that the sterring wheel had locked into place. It wasted one tire. Things do happen. Thanks

I don't do rock crawling per se and am just running 33" AT's and a 4" suspension lift. I do know what you mean about things happening. Last year after we left QZ, either I didn't get the key far enough over to unlock the wheels or it locked itself (not sure which), but we drug the Jeep down the highway several miles like that.....couldn't figure out why the steering wheel on the mh was at an angle all of a sudden...bad alignment does strange things... :-[

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom