Lowes 10% Military Discount, Everday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sheltie said:
Boy, I'd hate to drive that rotten, ugly, boring road to Durango from Cortez - NOT!  I know you're used to it but I think I could drive it every day and not ever get bored.  Besides, I'm surprised that beautiful downtown Cortez doesn't have either store.  After all, it does have the only Super WalMart I've ever been in where there are reserved parking spots for seniors.  Progressive thinking on their part!

Not progressive thinking on Wal-Mart's part, just a lot of old farts living in this town :) If we could just get the city to take down the "No Overnight Parking" signs in the WM lot.

You wouldn't like that drive to Durango in the winter. It can get snow-packed and ugly. Ok, so it's still a pretty drive but also scary !

No HD or Lowe's in Cortez. We do have a True Value and an Ace. Guess they figure we're not big enough and we can drive ourselves to Durango or Farmington, both of which deliver to Cortez for a price.

Wendy
home in Cortez where it looks like it's fixin' to snow....ick

herd said:
I agree sheltie that indeed it is a backlash or sort of an indirect reaction to how we Viet Vets were treated in the late 60's, 70's and from my perspective, thru the 80's and up to the first Gulf War. It seems the pendulum began to swing the other way then and is actually wonderful now. I feel proud for today's war zone Vets who now have it so much better than we "old guys."

I don't think I'd call it a backlash but it certainly does pertain to the treatment of Viet Nam Vets. Two groups with whom I have been associated, the American Legion Riders and Patriot Guard Riders, have done a lot to ensure that kind of treatment will not happen again. I have been on several "missions" where we have stood a flag line to honor those going to war and coming home from the war. They also stand in silence for those who have not made it back alive. They also have had to shield the families from some of the die-hard protesters who still try to upset services. Fortunately it is a rare occasion compared to the 1960's.

The mission that stands out in my mind is the funeral of a Soldier killed in a helicopter crash in Colorado. He was a member of the Night Stalkers, a unit that, apparently, takes Special Forces troops into combat zones for missions. We stood the flag line at the Church and then at the grave site. After it was over every member of his unit that attended and most of the civilians came by and shook our hands thanking us for being there. It meant a great deal to them for the support we gave. Then the soldiers proceeded to remove their epaulet devices and presented one to each of us. It is one pin that I will hold in great regard forever.

Not only are these groups active but many Veteran's organizations feel the same way as well as many of the people.

Wendy,

Not progressive thinking on Wal-Mart's part, just a lot of old farts living in this town    I resemble that remark!  I can imagine 160 does get a little dicey during the winter, but Gawd, it has to be beautiful!  Oh, and it was 84 here today. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom