Lowes Motor Speedway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marine422

I was just curious if anyone on here ever goes to Lowes Motor Speedway in Concord NC.  As we live just about around the corner, at race time (usually 3 big ones a year) the field is jammed packed with M/H, 5th wheels, TT , and Pop Ups. It is really a site to see especially the week before and week of the race the RV's coming in and out off the interstate.

I am not a race fan myself as I come from up North. But I did not realize how big it is , even more here, as a lot of the Drivers are from NC.

Brett

I've been going to LMS for the Memorial Weekend race every year for about 10 years.  Until this year I have stayed with friends in their RV, but this year we decided to buy an RV for ourselves and are making the trip. 

I have always found that the RV community at the races seems to be composed of some of the nicest and most helpful people I've ever met and have made many great firends at such places.  Also I find that everyone in the RV areas have been courteous and considerate, which is one of the reasons I like the Nascar races vs. some other sports venues.  Of course, there may be a few bad apples but that seems to be the case everywhere.

I should have the laptop with me this year so we'll try to post location if anyone wants to drop by for a hello!

Mike

The DW and I go every year in October for the fall race. We always stay at Yates Family Camping. It is a nice little place outside of turn two. They have power and water at the sites. Real nice folks too. We also go to Richmond for both races every year. We have a great time. Going to try and add a few more races next year.

Went for the first time last fall, we decided to make it one of our must do trips. This year we are going to Myrtle Beach for a week and then onto LMS for both May races, we have aquired a seasonal ( all 3 races) spot at the Lowes Fleetwood campground right next to Tom Johnson Camping Center, full hookups, keeps the DW happy. The only thing we have issues with is avoiding the fire ant hills when walking the dog in the grassy areas.

We bought our motorhome initially to just attend Nascar races we found renting to be expensive and when we wanted one we just couldn't get one.  We have been to several different tracks and Charlotte is the best yet...We have camped at Fleetwood and across the street from there (Ver-El - found this one from this forum actually), both were lovely but Fleetwood being an extra treat because we had cable tv too, my husband didn't care about that but it kept me quiet for a few hours every day.  Very few races we have been to did we have the option of having full hookups (absolutely GREAT)..  I am trying to convince him that we need to go this year as it is the special 50th anniversary for the track, I am sure there will be extra hoopla for that.  15 hours though one way will take allot of convincing when he is set on sitting on the sofa to watch it..

Back
Top Bottom