M&G brake light shows when brakes are on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then the towed brake lights aren't activated when the M&G is braking.  You would need a switch that the M&G closes to send 12V to the transmitter, then the Apollo device would work.  I don't know how difficult that would be to rig.

Ned said:
Then the towed brake lights aren't activated when the M&G is braking.

"When", yes. "By", no.

The toad brakes are normally operated from the coach brakes via the umbillical cord and, in my case, via the Pac Brake switch/relay module.

You would need a switch that the M&G closes to send 12V to the transmitter, then the Apollo device would work.

Yes, it would work and the pressure switch that was mentioned earlier in this topic would fullfill the switch function. I'll investigate the cost of the Tx/Rx, assuming they sell them separately.

BTW someone at the FMCA rally was selling something to sense when the toad brakes were applied by the M&G system, but I walked away from it. It might have been that 'light in the dash' system that was mentioned earlier in this topic.

Yes, the remote indicator system is available separately.

Not obvious from their web site. I'll look again later when I have more time.

That's because Blue Ox doesn't sell direct, you have to contact a dealer.  It's an option, so any Blue Ox dealer should be able to sell one.

Thanks Ned. Strange that they would list other add-ons and accessories on their web site, but not that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom