May be moving to Cumberland, MD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

I was asked a couple weeks ago if I would be interested in a job near Cumberland, MD. I was interviewed for the job last week with the people who will be my supervisors here in CA. My wife and I agreed to try a new place and atmosphere for our family so I applied for the position Monday. They contacted me again yesterday asking me about pay. I hope to hear something soon.

If I get the job we will be living closer to my family with only a ten hour drive to my parents vice the forty now. I can finally move back to green grass and trees and have water nearby for fishing. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time.

grashley said:
Moves are never fun, but it sounds like this is full of benefits and I heard no negatives other than inertia.

It will be so nice to finally get out of the desert. I've been trying to leave for a while but nothing had come up until I stopped looking. If I get the job I will take some vacation time to see my parents in western KY on the way over which will be nice. There are so many great benefits with this move so now I'm just waiting for the final decision.

Personal bias, but born in MI, grew up in Ohio and now 25 years in W KY, I really like grass, trees, high humidity and allergies.  My son and grandson live in S Nevada in the desert, and I am already feeling pressure from DW to move that way.  You will see heel marks much of the way!

grashley said:
Personal bias, but born in MI, grew up in Ohio and now 25 years in W KY, I really like grass, trees, high humidity and allergies.  My son and grandson live in S Nevada in the desert, and I am already feeling pressure from DW to move that way.  You will see heel marks much of the way!
I really miss the grass, trees and more comfortable temps. Our Summer's here hit 115-120 in the summer and I can't stand it having to sit inside the house and being uncomfortable. I never suffered from allergies until I moved out here and I already had a couple surgeries due to sinus infections thanks to allergies. At least in Maryland when the temps are around 90 and there is a breeze it will be much cooler feeling than here. We dred a breeze in the summer here because 115 can quickly turn into much hotter with the wind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom