Me a single woman travelling to Mexico from canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1959 I was 17 and in the US Air Force,,,after 6 months of training I was given a Smith & Wesson 38 special 4 inch barrel and told that I would be wearing it for the next 3.5 years.. I did,... and have been ever since.. I frequently retrain with a law enforcement neighbor in many situations .. Never been paranoid or afraid of any person or persons in my life of 80 years..>>>Dan

LOL, I could provide you plenty of evidence of gang criminals , all supported by the very ones entrusted to protect us all that did not exist just over two years ago without consequences. But it would not be on topic and allowed. But you don't have to spend much time keeping up with the world events to know that we are now witnessing open season on businesses in particular. But personal assaults by repeat offenders has changed the way people go about their days and where they go if they are smart.
I find myself agreeing with someone I shouldn’t be agreeing with. The US is more dangerous now than when I was growing up. But where I differ with you is why the US is so dangerous. I would posit guns are the reason. 81.4 million Americans are registered Gun owners. The are estimated to be over 400 million guns in the United States between police, the military and American citizens. Over 393 million or 98% of those guns are in civilian hands. That is the equivalent of 120 firearms per 100 citizens. The average gun owning American has 5 firearms. If the statement “Guns makes us safer” we’re true the US should be the safest country in the world. But by your own admission we are living in a very dangerous country.

I also have NEVER seen a gun jump off a table and harm anyone!! It's all about people and they definitely do change with attitude.. In contrast,, I recently saw a LAWYER,,,IN COURT ! aim an AR15 at a 12 person jury for effect and intimidation... This FOOL should have been jailed by the sitting judge immediately>!!!>>>Dan

I find myself agreeing with someone I shouldn’t be agreeing with. The US is more dangerous now than when I was growing up. But where I differ with you is why the US is so dangerous. I would posit guns are the reason. 81.4 million Americans are registered Gun owners. The are estimated to be over 400 million guns in the United States between police, the military and American citizens. Over 393 million or 98% of those guns are in civilian hands. That is the equivalent of 120 firearms per 100 citizens. The average gun owning American has 5 firearms. If the statement “Guns makes us safer” we’re true the US should be the safest country in the world. But by your own admission we are living in a very dangerous country.
Individual gun ownership has nothing to do with a country's protection from violence by people that do not abide by legal gun ownership. NRA members are not in that category. Sadly there are leaders that wants the ongoing gun violence to drive a simular narrative that you subscribe to, which you earned the right to your opinion.

Check out the states with the most guns per population and tell us how many gang related gun acts we see and read about in those areas. On each Monday of each week we do not get double digit shooting and killing statistics related to guns from any of those states. And I thought you were not interested in this turning into a gun thread, unless you want to get it shut down.

What’s worse than being murdered?
Well you ask and I can reply. He was speaking about going to Mexico. So murder, IMHO is less than some of the well known issues that gets overlooked. Family members can move on from a murder of their love ones.

There are more than one story in this link.

I hate to say it, but this is thread hijacking (no pun intended) at its finest.
How is that for hijacking?;)

Unfortunately as a Canadian she is not allowed to legally have a gun in the US, nor mace in Canada, not sure about her having it in the US. I have no difficulty with your comments about being careful as to her surroundings and locations, but in 40 plus years of RVing I have never had the need to use either.

Edsingle women
Thats good. I completely understand. Well normally men don't get raped. But not having trouble in 40 years doesn't give credibility to the statistics. Women are at much worse risk of an assault then men are. If she want's to travel without any form of protection NO PROBLEM, WHATEVER. It's personal choice and I hope it all goes well for her. I just made some suggestions to up the odds in her favor. People need to understand that I have seen the worse of the worse and I know what is possible out there. Again, these are just suggestions. And just because you have gone 40 years without any incidents doesn't mean that you or your wife could be seriously assaulted or terribly hurt. I'm getting tired of this. Would you recommend your daughter travel across the country by herself into another country, that is doing things unimaginable to people without planning and having something to defend herself with when the crazy guy with the knife, gun, razor blade etc. wants to rape her or injure her or torture her. Whatever then DON'T carry anything and take the risk that's your choices. I'm just trying to help. Wow, I'm going to see if this thread can be deleted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom