Meet our New Furbaby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

We travelled with our Chihuahua mix Koda for 15 years, last July we had to let him cross the Rainbow Bridge.  It was now time to find a new critter.  We found outs on a rescue site, He is a spitting mage of Koda, in fact we are still in search of the perfect new name for him.  He is another Chihuahua mix, and they say mini-pin.  He certainly has the longer legs for that, but still same face features of our Koda.  Very loving little dog.  Looking forward to showing him the country!

His behavior is so Koda-ish we are having a hard time not slipping in Koda when talking to him.

Attachments

• Oscar.jpg
    Oscar.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 126
PancakeBill said:
His behavior is so Koda-ish we are having a hard time not slipping in Koda when talking to him.

It took us almost a year before we started  occasionally calling the new dog by his new name and not by the name of the old now deceased dog.

Hard to beat  a rescue, Thanks for saving him. Call him "Traveler" or "Chance"

Congrats! I swear my cat, Midnight is one of my past dogs ( his name was Monster) reincarcerated lol, I'm always accidentally calling him Monster and after doing it a hundred times and verbalizing to the kids that I wonder why I'm calling our little cat the name of one of our 95 pound dogs from years ago (I have never slipped and called our current 100 pound dog his name) they pointed out that they have the same personality.

Well he sure has Kodas personality.  One good thing is in his reincarnation he has become more tolerant of other dogs.  Koda did not like other dogs upon meeting, but he would tolerate after a little bit.  Our new guy os very friendly even leashed. 

One option we just discussed today was Sonny, the dog my Dad never owned but still has a pic of him from before may Dad joined the Navy in WW2.  I think it might make Dad happy.

For fellow fur folks, trying to decide nest diet to get him on, hoping to get his weight trimmed down a bit.  He is about 3-5 pounds overweight.  Some have suggested the raw diet.  Bones and all, I am assuming it is ground.

DynaVite is another I want to look at.

We got Our current Great Dane at about 5 months old and he came with the name "Coby" but would not respond to it AT ALL. So we started trying other names when we called him (we tried a lot of names). Somehow I thought of and called him "Ryker" and his head turned  towards me immediately. Obviously that's now his name.
When asked how we came up with his name we say "He chose it".

Attachments

• Ryker1.jpg
    Ryker1.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 31
skydivemark said:
We got Our current Great Dane at about 5 months old and he came with the name "Coby" but would not respond to it AT ALL. So we started trying other names when we called him (we tried a lot of names). Somehow I thought of and called him "Ryker" and his head turned  towards me immediately. Obviously that's now his name.
When asked how we came up with his name we say "He chose it".
I love that story!

jackiemac said:
I love that story!

He'll be 5 this year. Wonderful boy. Makes new (people) friends everywhere we go.
Once at a rest area, a state trooper stopped by to "check out the big dog", I ended up with the guys camera taking pictures of the 2 of them.

skydivemark said:
He'll be 5 this year. Wonderful boy. Makes new (people) friends everywhere we go.
Once at a rest area, a state trooper stopped by to "check out the big dog", I ended up with the guys camera taking pictures of the 2 of them.
Lol

skydivemark said:

How much does he weight now?

Name Update for the new guy.  He is Chance and called Chancey.  We were curious of his ancestors, and while he is 100% our dog, we were curious about where he came from.  Rescue told us he was Chihuahua and Mini Pin mix.  So I expected this result.  He is very long legged, but also very chihuahua.  One of the options on the DNA test was to look for any genetic markers for possible maladies.  That was really the more important function.  Well yesterday we received his results, 100% Chihuahua, no Min Pin.  So why the long legs?  It turns out there are many slight variants in the Chihuahua line.  They (he) is called a 'Deer Legged Chihuahua'. Not all that common, but part of the line. 

He is a great little (tall) dog, very loving, well behaved.

So maybe somewhere along the way you can meet him and say hello to Chancey.

Back
Top Bottom