Mexico Dental recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

A schoolmate friend of mine is asking about dental recommendations for implants and has contacted me because he has heard about the low rates and excellent service provided by dentists across the border.

Since he will be traveling across from the southeast US, I am guessing that any of the border towns will do, especially those near the eastern end (Arizona and New Mexico).  I have some familiarity with Algodones but not with implants.  Who can recommend a Mexican dentist who has done excellent work with implants?  If you have telephone number and address that would be helpful.  Please feel free to add any other infor that you would believe would be helpful to my friend.  My friend is not an RVer.

Thanks!

Smoky

SeilerBird

I went to Mexico last year for dental work and left without having anything done. Implants are not cheaper in Mexico, at least with the doctor I went to. They are $1600 apiece in the US and $1600 apiece in Mexico. The labor would be cheaper in Mexico. However I was extremely unimpressed with the Mexican doctor and decided to have the work done in the US instead. The Mexican dentist was going to put me on a schedule that would have meant 4 trips to his office over a period of a year. The American dentists do it in one or two trips within a week or two.

In Las Vegas there is a dentist called Affordable Dentures that has prices that are comparable to Mexico, there is also a dentist in Helper, Utah that is also comparable.

http://www.affordabledentures.com/office/las-vegas/

Smoky

Very sorry to hear about this.  I will pass this info on to my friend.

Was this in Algodonez that you checked?  Anyone else have experience with implants in Mexico?

Are rates for other more routine dental services still less expensive in Mexico?  How about eyeglasses?

Smoky

SeilerBird

Smoky said:
Was this in Algodonez that you checked? 
Yes it was. Several people on this forum recommended Dr Alma Luna. So I called to make an appointment and she doesn't do dentures so she referred me to her brother. l was not impressed with him at all. One of the things that really turned me off was he took x-rays and then gave me an estimate that he had written on a Post-it note. One of those two in square yellow pieces of paper using very tiny writing. He did not give me a copy so I had no real clue what he was talking about since his English is not that good.

PancakeBill

Smoky
Jolene got eyeglasses in Las Algodonez, (Las is important to the GPS,) reasonable, but not huge.  We plan on going to Nogales later this week.  BTW, I found a US place, Dayo Dental in Phoenx that handles dental places in the 3 major areas, Nogales, Algodones and the middle one?  They had prices posted, so you don't need to go all the way there and decide against.

Top Bottom