Michiganders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randy123

Hello All, Randy and Jane Echtinaw from SW Michigan. We are 79 and 76 yrs. old. I am several times retired. 1) 30 years as supervisor in piston ring factory 2) 40 years as a general contractor 3) 20 years as a custom kitchen designer / installer. I started building aerobatic competition biplanes in 1971. I dropped that hobby 6 years ago as age caught up with me. Started building Cedar strip sea kayaks as a new hobby, just finishing my 11 one.
Jane spent 35 years in the legal community as a secretary / office manager for several local judges. She is also the best cook in Michigan and loves her job. It is a constant battle to keep some semblance of weight control around here :)
We are having a difficult time slowing our lives down and enjoying life so we bought a 29' trailer and want to learn how to use it and take a very long extended trip to Alaska next summer.
We will have lots of questions so please be patient with us :)

Hi Randy (and Jane) and welcome to the forums! Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here. Ask away… no such thing as a stupid question.

It’ll save you time to put your rig and tow vehicle info in your signature. Also, will cut down on confusion if you start a new thread for different (unrelated) questions.

Laura and I love western Michigan and have summered several times in the Leelanau Peninsula as well as the UP.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

Safe and happy travels.

We are having a difficult time slowing our lives down and enjoying life so we bought a 29' trailer and want to learn how to use it and take a very long extended trip to Alaska next summer.
First of all welcome. With your background I doubt there's much about RVing you'll have a problem with.

Second, it's great that you haven't left age get in the way of life. I'll be 81 in a couple of weeks and like reading about seniors that just keep going.

Welcome, lived in Roseville, then a business in Clinton Twp but now in Prescott, Az. Decided winters were no fun and went west.

Welcome to the best RV forum on the net. Any problem posted usually gets answered by one of the gurus on this forum. There are allot of them. Glad to see age is not slowing you down. Being your 1st RV, best to camp close to home. That way, if your forgot something like most folks have done, you can drive home to get it. Then start going out further. Want good ideas for camping, walk around the RV park your at and look at others setups. Have learned allot asking folks about something I thought was interesting. Half of my stuff in my 5th wheel are from ideas from other campers. Feel free to ask questions for anything camping/rv related. Enjoy your new RV.

Welcome from an X Michigan (Bangor) person. Don't be afraid to ask any question.

Hello All, Randy and Jane Echtinaw from SW Michigan. We are 79 and 76 yrs. old. I am several times retired. 1) 30 years as supervisor in piston ring factory 2) 40 years as a general contractor 3) 20 years as a custom kitchen designer / installer. I started building aerobatic competition biplanes in 1971. I dropped that hobby 6 years ago as age caught up with me. Started building Cedar strip sea kayaks as a new hobby, just finishing my 11 one.
Jane spent 35 years in the legal community as a secretary / office manager for several local judges. She is also the best cook in Michigan and loves her job. It is a constant battle to keep some semblance of weight control around here :)
Howdy from Wayland. Almost neighbors... Take your time and enjoy getting away from everything

Randy,
Welcome to RV Forums!

We are from the Sunshine State, on Florida's
west coast.

We are H.L. and Jan, the campervan is Greta.

Remember, all Outdoor adventures begin and end with a road trip, drive safely with your family cargo!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millsk
Back
Top Bottom