Micro Minnie as an upgrade to my teardrop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vito55

I currently own a teardrop style trailer (a T@b from Little Guy in Ohio) and it is a great camper, but very small. It has the advantage of being light weight enough to tow with my Subaru Outback. But I think that I would prefer to upgrade to one like the Micro Minnie just to have a separate eating and sleeping area so that I would not have to set up and tear down the table every night. Any comments about the Micro Minnie in general would be welcome, and I am also trying to determine just how big a tow vehicle I would need to pull this smallish trailer. My current T@b has a/c, flat screen TV, stereo system, a small kitchen with 3-way fridge, excellent heater/hot water heater, ceiling Fantastic fan and a usable shower and toilet, and I am not willing to give up any of these amenities when moving to a slightly larger trailer.

We got a Micro Minnie about 9 months ago.  I love it! My husband, being the complainer that he is, has found a few things he doesn't like.  The a/c is very loud.  Hard to sleep without earplugs.  The little dinette is comfortable and the kitchen is not bad.  Nice gas stove.  No oven.  The fridge is small but works pretty good.  Takes overnight to cool down enough to make ice.  And the freezer frosts up pretty quick.  This is our first trailer so I am still adjusting to extremely small amount of storage space.  But so far we have only gone out for long weekends.  So my husbands major complaint is the toilet.  It is short and you have to lean against the wall to go and he is a very bid guy.  We will probably be replacing it with a higher porcelain one.  It's hard to use the shower because the curtain sticks to your body.  In line water heater is nice.  Husbands other main complaint is the bed.  You have to crawl over each other to get up to go in the middle of the night.  Would rather have a bed with access from both sides.  The awning makes it great to sit outside and enjoy the weather.  When considering a vehicle, it is very important to investigate the Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Ratio.  We have a 6 cylinder van and it is straining.  We will probably upgrade to a V8.  Any more questions, just ask.  8)

I'm not much help, but I have a comment
I pulled up the floor plan, it reminds me a lot of Dad's old Nomad trailer we had when i was a kid.
My only memories of it are
mom trying to cook with no counter top space.... and her kicking my sister and me out
tripping over each other running in and out of the bathroom.... seems like someone was always in the way of the door or the bathroom
and mom constantly sweeping the floors

but with no kids it's likely great!

the web page lists the GVWR at 5,500#

I'd think you'd want a half ton pickup for it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bullfrog1954
Back
Top Bottom