Military Fam Camps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

I need to know whatever you know?
- Easy to get in
- How long can you stay
- Ones you really like anywhere in the country
- Wifi availability
- Best way to book
- Ones to avoid
- Long term stay cost
Etc.... Thanks My friends

Rob

We have stayed at many FamCamps. You can usually make reservations thru Outdoor Recreation at the facility. You can access those numbers online. If you arrive after hours and have not made a reservation you can normally self register at the CG.
stay away from Joint Base Dix/McGuire. It was a real dump. Barksdale AFB, Lackland AFB, Naval Sub Base Kings Bay, Annapolis, Ft Meade, Joint Base Andrews, Little Rock AFB, Travis AFB, Dover AFB all are pretty nice FamCamps. I don’t know costs or long term stay details but you can find that information by Googling Military FamCamps.

U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home

Good site for Military RV parks. We use to always pick military but then the prices got ridiculous. There are some good ones but look for nearby civilian places too. Example is Laughlin Fam Camp at Lake Amistad not bad but not good and near by is RV Haven for less money, more amenities, and no parties on the weekends. Wifi generally is poor at mil camps, cost is high comparatively for the amenities, but the locations are generally good unless you are under the flight path on a base (a frequent case at many bases). Each base has it's own rules about long term stays and everything else from how square your rv must be on the pad (coast guard base in FL) to how many vehicles you can have at a site (apparently no limit at Laughlin Lake Fam Camp).

Our experience, so far, is that some are easy some are not easy. They all have rules and don't seem to be enforced with any consistency.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom