Miller Agency vs. Progressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Thanks to all who responded about Progressive insurance. I have received a quote from the Miller agency as suggested by this board. Their quote was only slightly higher than Progressive's.? As I am unfamiliar with Miller, has anyone had a good experience, or bad, with claims to the Miller Agency ?

Thanks in advance.

Miller is a major agency that supports FMCA and other RVing organizations. I used Miller for a number of years and was extremely pleased with the service I received from them. I switched from them only because I had a much better quote from GMAC which Miller does not use.

We, too, had Miller for our agent for several years and were happy with their service.  We only switched because we got a better quote for the same coverage from RV Explorer.

Today I talked with Miller Agency. I was told that the carrier they use is Progressive. Seems no point in using Miller agency to write the coverage from Progressive. I asked who I would call in case of a claim, they said Progressive. I plan to just go straight to them and add Coach Net through Winnebago for roadside coverage.

We've used Miller since we met them in Quartzsite about 9 years ago. We have live-in horse trailer, travel trailer, car, pick up and modular home with Progressive thru them. It is handy for the extra $10. or so to call them to cancel, add, etc.

And they are nice people!

smokeater1 said:
Today I talked with Miller Agency. I was told that the carrier they use is Progressive. Seems no point in using Miller agency to write the coverage from Progressive. I asked who I would call in case of a claim, they said Progressive. I plan to just go straight to them and add Coach Net through Winnebago for roadside coverage.

In all probability, you would get the same quote from Miller. The advantage of going to Miller is the experienced advice that they give you regarding coverages and carriers. You also get to deal with people who are looking out for you.

smokeater1 said:

Paul:

When describibg my Progressive experiences I did not add that Miller was our broker and they were the ones who came up with the suggestions that got Progressive to come around. They are good people to have on your side.[br]Date Posted: October 04, 2005, 07:46:02 AM
smokeater1 said:

Paul:

When describing my Progressive experiences I did not add that Miller was our broker and they were the ones who came up with the suggestions that got Progressive to come around. They are good people to have on your side.

Good point. I see Miller as a "customer" for Progressive, so it follows they would give them [and me] good service. Thanks for the input...........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FmStars
Back
Top Bottom