MOAB rally sign-up for 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just post a note here letting us know when you plan to arrive and leave. Also let us know which campground you'll be at. If you're staying somewhere else, it will be just a short drive to Portal.

Check back closer to the time for activities. There'll be a happy hour get together every evening, and that's where folks will decide on activities for the coming days. We'll update them here in the forum when the information is known. Folks are free to participate in as many or as few activities as they wish, or to do their own thing. Usually, it's a mixture, as not everyone wants to participate in all activities. There may be a few activities that require reservations, in which case a signup notice will be posted in the forum, and for sure at the rally.

For those who cannot, or don't want to, stay at Portal, we are staying at OK Corral on the south end of Moab. When we visited it last year it looked real nice, full hookups, free wi-fi and Passport America. You can contact them at 435-259-1400, [email protected] and let them know you are with Marlene & me.

We have a reservation for Moab and will not make it this year. If they do not have sites available contact me be email and we can arrange to swap names on the reservation.

Those who were attendees at Moab last year are aware of the issues we had with the park manager. We did not want to stay at Portal any more because of him, as much as we enjoyed the park and preferred to park with framily. I ran into the owner of Portal here at Pomona and talked for a bit and let him know why we weren't coming back. He informed me that he had heard about Don's problems from a few others and that Don had been fired. That cleared the way for us and we have now taken over the Cousins' reservation. We will be in space 18, arriving Friday, the 25th.

Gosh Ron we will miss you guys.  Don't know how the girls will get along without seeing the treat guy. 

Bernie glad to her you will be with us again this year at Portal.

I will never stay at Spanish Trails agin. One of our dogs became gravely ill and the local vet suggested that we take him to a very good pet hospital in our home area near San Diego. They refused to refund the two days we had left and then thanked us for telling them that we were leaving so the could re-rent the space. Real nice folks.

Bob

Bob,

Spanish Trails isn't unique in that respect. Many campgrounds have a 'no refunds' policy, including Portal RV where most folks will be staying for the rally. They usually have some way of letting folks know that when they sign in; In some cases it's a sign in the office, in others there's something on the sign-in paperwork, or it might be in the 'campground rules' in the flyer they hand you. I wasn't surprised or upset when we decided to leave Portal a few days early. In fact, I made a point of telling the folks in the office "my site is free and paid for the next few days, go ahead and give someone a few free nights stay".

They were not going to give it any one for free. I could of lived with that. They were planning to get more money. I have been to some RV parks where they give you a coupon for a future stay if you have to leave. I think that would be a good policy. The management at Spanish Trails was arrogant and unfriendly from check in to check out.

Bob

The management at Spanish Trails was arrogant and unfriendly from check in to check out.

That's too bad Bob. Maybe, when you saw the arrogance at check-in, that would have been the time to move on (before paying). That can be tough to do if the other campgrounds in the area are full.

Ron said:
  Call Portal RV Resort 1-800-574-2028 and let them know you will be attending the RV Forum Rally 24 April 2008 leaving 04 May 2008.

Hello all,

The 800 number for Portal RV Resort has been disconnected.  The phone number of the  Portal RV Resort is (435) 259-6108.

I just called and confirmed my reservation.  Terry and I as well as Russ M are arriving  Friday 4/25 and departing Sunday May 4.

Betty

Ray & Liza are going to be in site M29, arriving on 4/24 and departing on 5/5.

Hi Ray and Liza,

Great to see you are still planning on going to Moab, you'll have a ball.  There will be a bunch of the people there that you met at Redmond:  I'm sure I've forgotten a few, but: Russ, Jeff & Sue, Bernie & Marlene, Betty & Terry, Ardra & Jerry, Kerry & Beth. ....did I forget anyone?  And there will be a ton of people who you'll enjoy meeting!!!

However, we're gonna miss it.  Our house will be closing right on that week and we'll be moving in that weekend.

We sure hate to miss Moab....we love that rally; but we are so excited to get in to the new place.

Marsha & Tim

Marsha, Tim, and Charley - Bummer that you'll be missing Moab. Gordon will have to find someone else to play with in the big field.

We'll miss you all !!

Wendy
Cortez, Colorado

My husband & I will be attending and arriving at Portal on the 4-27 til 5-2.  This will be our first rally.  Looking forward to meeting some other rv'ers.  Is there a tentative events calendar or anything?  This is all new to us.

Randy & Liz
2006 Mobile Suites
2005 Chevy Dually Duramax

Back
Top Bottom