Monitor panel problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parrothead

I just bought a well-kept 1988 Holiday Rambler 29' travel trailer.  I've owned a few rvs in the past, but I have never had to deal with montor panel issues.  My panel is mounted over the entry / exit door and it has water pump and heater switches.  All fuses and breakers are ok, and the 12v power wire that feeds the panel has 12v when I check it woth my meter.  I've searched for wiring diagrams, but have come up empty handed and my manuals that came with the camper didn't have deetailed information on the panel.  Does anyone have access to wiring information on these? 

I don't have the info you seek, but maybe we could make suggestions.  What does it do or not do?

Panel problems are usually corroded connections, bad grounds, or both. On a 1988 vintage panel, general deterioration of connections is a likely cause.

That was my first thought, but I removed & reinstalled the connections and saw no difference.  The problem is the fact that the entire panel does nothing, no water pump function, water level indication, etc.  Just plain nothing.  The ground connection checks out with an ohm meter, too.  It's frustrating!  :(

I had the same behavior on a fairly new panel my '07 Starcraft that I bought used.  I found a similar replacement (MicroMonitor) on ebay for $20 and replaced the old one and it now works great. Even with the new panel, the black tank contacts get bridged from time to time which makes it read high so I also installed tank rinsers that hook up to a garden hose and flush the tanks as needed to get them working properly again.

I have an 1988 Holiday Rambler motorhome but I have the same panel monitor over the door.  Mine has a white ground wire in the battery box and I found cleaning that ground got mine working again, tho my tank sensors don't work that fixed my propane and battery meters.

Good luck with yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom