Motorhome size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prince George

We are looking at full time rving and would like to spend some time touring Mexico.? We are looking at a 38 foot and are now wondering if we should go smaller - will this size limit our access to RV Parks etc in Mexico.? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Hi Prince George,

Welcome to the forum. Size will be a factor in some parks. I can't speak about Mexico but State and Federal parks usually have a length limit. We usually stay in a commercial campground and then visit whatever park we want that doesn't allow our 40'. You will need to decide what is most important to you. Full tiiming requires a lot of planning and you will need more "stuff" than most others. We have been full timing for 9 years and went from a 34' coach to a couple of 36' and now have a 40'. I think with today's slideout technology one can get along much easier in a shorter length coach. Just keep in mind the "stuff" you'll need to store. Payload on a coach is very important. Make sure whatever coach you decide on has the capacity to take what you need. I'd say around 3000lbs would be adequate for a full timer. Others will have their opinions and I'm sure the will share them. :)

Prince George said:
We are looking at full time rving and would like to spend some time touring Mexico.? We are looking at a 38 foot and are now wondering if we should go smaller - will this size limit our access to RV Parks etc in Mexico.? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Hi Prince,
Last winter we traveled for 40 days in Mexico with a caravan.  We have a 40 footer with a turning radius similar to the Queen Mary and we had no problem in Mexico Parks .  One of the guys on our trip had a 45 foot Holiday Rambler and while it was a bit tight on numerous occasion, like us, he got into the parks.  Keep in mind our trip was pre planned so maybe the leader knew where to take us, but we seemed to fit.  Now the Power....that is another whole story.

Betty

Back
Top Bottom