Mount a cat scratcher on a dinette seat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kdbgoat said:
Just did some reading to get an "internet education" on declawing. It's nothing like I would have envisioned. I just didn't envision removing part of the toe for declawing, I though it was a simple procedure to remove just the nail. It's no wonder she had the attitude she had. I would have had an attitude too.
I apologize for for my ignorance and am sorry if I offended anyone. :-[

As I said, in my mind, you're forgiven. Many folks fall into the same category as you did. You only followed your life lessons.
Sometimes the facts differ.  ;)

Another note on declawing--in most of Europe it is against the law.  And it's the same as if you took your hand and cut off every finger at the first joint.

wackymac said:
Another note on declawing--in most of Europe it is against the law.  And it's the same as if you took your hand and cut off every finger at the first joint.

Yep, I read that on both parts.

denmarc said:
Hey, Karen...

How about an update! How is Teddy liking the new scratching pad?

Hard to tell. I like that he can scratch his little heart out and not have the cardboard come off now, and assume he does, too.  :)

Good to hear. I have a rescue kitty who was declawed on "front wheels" only. Only he doesn't know it.  Scratches on everything. There are ways to accommodate the less fortunate. Much like any handicapped human.

You get the idea. Keep up the good work.

I know that different cats like different scratching materials. My moms cat likes the cardboard type like you are using. I've used a stand with carpet and now have a stand with rope. I saw a post on Pinterest that might be of interest to others who use the rope type scratcher. The pin was taking what they called "twisted sisal rope" and they wrapped around the pole of the dining table. I found this rather interesting and think I may try it. It would be out of the way considering under the table and wouldn't have to carry the stand from home back and forth. 

Funny how some posts can lead to other comments such as the declawing! The word declawing can be very misleading and until you research, you may not realize what it means doing.  Most people who do research quickly change their opinion!

Back
Top Bottom