Movies with RV's in them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had this thread a few months ago (RV's in TV shows and movies) and I posted a bunch of Youtube links I found of various shows, both clips and some complete episodes.  I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:  Here's the link to my post and you can peruse the rest of the thread as well.

Lou Schneider said:
Lost In America (1985).  Albert Brooks and Julie Hagerty as a yuppie couple in L.A. who decide to give it all up and see America in a RV.

Lost in America has always been my all time favorite as well, Lou. No one should consider full time RVing without first renting it. It's hard for me to decide my favorite scenes -- but high on the list is when the Brooks character tried talking the LV pit boss into returning his wife's losses.

Also, I wonder how many pull out of their site without even unhooking when they decide that full time RVing is not for them . . .  :)

Scott- I have no idea how I missed it  :p

My favorite scene is where he thinks he is getting the promotion and loses it.

zzyzx said:
I have a three DVD set called American Classics Old School. Two of the discs are about custom cars. The third one is called Classic Travel Trailers. It has some amazing RVs including a fifth wheel from the 30s alleged to be the first 5er. Very short but very cool program.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Classics-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B00020W02E/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1342384394&sr=1-1&keywords=american+classics+old+school

Was this one in it?

Attachments

• home_office_trailer_sm.jpg
    home_office_trailer_sm.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 25
Tin man said:
Don't forget Christmas Vacation.. "It's a RV Clark". "Just dumping the ;()$/::;"

"That there is an RV"

LOL

One of those lines in a movie that is still in my vocabulary.  I quote that to my kids whenever I see an interesting looking rig.

topdownman said:
Speaking of Cousin Eddie's "Arr Vee", has anybody ever pinpointed the make?  Maybe an old Champion?

1972 Ford Condor II, apparently...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+kind+of+rv+was+in+christmas+vacation

This is a little off the RV topic, but until we started RVing a couple of years ago, we hadn't seen much of this country at all.

Last night we watched a movie called, "The Big Year", a movie about birders trying to win "The Big Year" title by spotting as many birds as they could in one year. It was so fun to see all the many places we'd actually been to in the movie as we watched the characters travel around the country spotting birds. It was really funny to watch them catching the ferry at Anacortes, WA, where we happen to be now.

Thought about all our framily birders during the whole movie.

-Roni

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom