Mud Flap -- Full Coach Width

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
... or when it unexpectedly becomes detached while driving down the freeway, as something else did  ;D

I guess I will never live down sowing sat antenna on I-10. ::) ::)

Did you throw the modem out the window at the same time?

The full width flaps on our Ultimates are pretty heavy -- I have never seen one bent up like I have on other coaches. From what I have read, if you have one, you definitely want it to clear the ground by around 8 inches or more at normal ride height. If it is too close to the road, it WILL "sweep" up more debris that it will stop. If mine were ever damaged -- or if/when we do the Alaska drive and I remove it in preparation -- I won't spend one penny to replace it.

Interestingly, soon after I bought my coach I got a free "radiator rock guard" from Spartan for installation at my expense. It covers the open area between chassis & radiator so nothing can go up into that area. They were having serious radiator and/or fan damage from stones kicked up by the left rear tires, bouncing around trapped between the chassis and the full width flap, and finding their way into the fan and/or side radiator.

John -- as for your staight-up-vertical Guardian shield, take a look at what I did to our similar Roadmaster Karguard. I altered it so it slopes toward the coach on the theory that it will be much less likely to deflect stones into the rear of the coach.  You can see the before and after on my website at http://www.pjrider.com/TowSetup.htm

Back
Top Bottom