Must Visit Sites in the Lower 48

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jymbee said:
Gettysburg is one place that every American should visit if they have an opportunity. While there consider taking one of the guided drive tours around local historical sites.
It's actually on our list!

allenb12 said:
I second Gettysburg and the tour guide driving your own vehicle.

It's quite an experience. Very solemn and somewhat chilling feeling as you drive around and realize that everything that happened in and around this site just wasn't that long ago when you think about it. The carnage that took place there is simply unimaginable. 

You could skip the North Dakota Badlands and head south from Bismarck to I-90 and then west to Exit 131 where the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site  visitor center is.  Lots of good information on the Cold War plus tour through a missile launch control center and also get to see an actual missile silo with a inert Minuteman missile installed.  BTW - all of this is right next to the South Dakota Badlands which are very impressive.  Campgrounds are close by the Minuteman site and at the entrance to the Badlands.  Link:
https://www.nps.gov/mimi/index.htm

(disclaimer:  I was on the first Air Force missile launch crew to accept this particular Minuteman flight from the Boeing Company in July 1963)

Bill

Actually Bill, I added that to the list as a day trip after you spoke of it a couple months ago! It's definitely something I'm interested in seeing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom