My experience with Boondocker’s Welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UTTransplant

I had promised Jackie I would give a review of Boondockerswelcome.com so here you go! It is a membership site similar to Harvest Hosts, but doesn’t require you buy things for a night. The hosts are RVers themselves, and they get membership credit for hosting others. We have had two stays, and we have another one booked. The website is particularly nice since they allow you to see host locations before you join. You can enter in filter limits like size of rig which keeps you from having to look through 20 spots that fit only Class B rigs. Our first site was at a working farm, and our second is in a semi-rural driveway. Our next one is in a field at a semi-rural acreage. Some hosts enjoy socializing, but others just check in with you and wave in passing. Either way is ok with me! Some places provide no services (the name is a clue) while others provide some limited services like electricity free or for a small donation. We are using these sites to fill in around busy times or one night travel stops, and so far we are quite happy.

I guess I am glad to read this. We have been hosting for about three years and over a dozen guests and have enjoyed the company of each. So far, it has just never worked that we could be guests anywhere, but that is just happenstance. We have a Grand Design Reflection out in the lot for tonight, tomorrow and maybe some more when they find out what there is around here.
Matt

I had promised Jackie I would give a review of Boondockerswelcome.com so here you go! It is a membership site similar to Harvest Hosts, but doesn’t require you buy things for a night. The hosts are RVers themselves, and they get membership credit for hosting others. We have had two stays, and we have another one booked. The website is particularly nice since they allow you to see host locations before you join. You can enter in filter limits like size of rig which keeps you from having to look through 20 spots that fit only Class B rigs. Our first site was at a working farm, and our second is in a semi-rural driveway. Our next one is in a field at a semi-rural acreage. Some hosts enjoy socializing, but others just check in with you and wave in passing. Either way is ok with me! Some places provide no services (the name is a clue) while others provide some limited services like electricity free or for a small donation. We are using these sites to fill in around busy times or one night travel stops, and so far we are quite happy.
As you may have heard, Harvest Host is now part of Boondockers Welcome. Also, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong given I've never used HH but I don't believe you are actually required to make a purchase.

We've used Boondockers Welcome a half dozen times and each stay was quite pleasant.

The letter from new combined BW/HH group said the programs will continue to be separate. The backend computer and administrative systems will eventually be merged. And while HH doesn’t _require_ a purchase, everyone I know says it is pretty much expected. I just don’t like the idea of driving all day then having to go to a wine tasting or shop. Others travel differently, and I know people who enjoy HH a lot, but it just isn’t for us.

We have been a BOONDOCKERS WELCOME HOST since 9/19 and have hosted over 140 BW GUESTS since 3/20. We are RVer's ourselves (1993 PACE ARROW 35V) and have been very impressed with the caliber of members that we have hosted. They have been considerate of our time, respectful of our property and grateful for a secure place to spend time while en route to their destinations. We are looking forward to getting out ourselves as a GUEST and visiting some of the other 2500+ HOSTS nationwide. SPAGHETTI'S ROOST in Cheyenne, WY

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom