My first 5th Wheeler - so many questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may be incorrect but I remember reading that NZ has very strict regulations regarding TT, 5ers, and RVs. The entry door must be on the curb side (opposite of US  because they drive on the other side of the road). There were other standards such as width and height, electrical, safety, and a couple which I don't remember. If you plan to import one maybe you should check with the agency overseeing vehicle standards before you have it arrive at the port only to be told to ship it elsewhere.

Greg

Check this place out for pricing.

www.rvwholesalers.com

On some of the models like the Rockwood 5'er you will get the price right there on the website.  On others they have to e-mail you back the price. 

If your looking for a close aproximation for the price take the MSRP time .681 add $500 for the PDI and fill the LP tanks and add shipping $1000 - $1500.

MSRP $50,000
X .681 = $34050
+ PDI and shipping $2000 = $36,050.00

Thanks for all your help so far guys. Appreciate it.

I've spent weeks researching and I quite like the Keystone Laredo's. I'm looking at the model 29RL and here's my question. One dealer in CA has quoted me $31,500 and another in NY $23,500 delivered to CA!!! Should I be nervous? The dealer in CA said that is below his buy price.

Tough call cuz you don't say if they are the same model year, is one used or demo, Must be same equipment.  Might be a hoax to get your $ and then hang you out to dry.  I want to see the unit or have someone in the area check it out first.  Lots of people in that area Perhaps someone would do that for you.  I'd want every thing checked out, before I'd put  10 cents on it.  Try to take delivery Outside of Cal and keep it there for 39 days.  Would be cheaper to register it.  JMHO

Finn said:
Thanks for all your help so far guys. Appreciate it.

I've spent weeks researching and I quite like the Keystone Laredo's. I'm looking at the model 29RL and here's my question. One dealer in CA has quoted me $31,500 and another in NY $23,500 delivered to CA!!! Should I be nervous? The dealer in CA said that is below his buy price.

Long distance purchases of a trailer is really iffy.  Being as how you intend to immediately export the unit, you may well want to deal with a west coast dealer, one whose stock you can see, and can maybe arrange to avoid registration in the USA.  There are a lot of ins and outs in your project, don't add the complication of a remote sales transaction.

Both dealers are quoting a new 07 model with the same specs. Both are well known "reputable" dealers with good feedback on this site. Ideally I'd prefer to deal with a west coast dealer but the difference of $8000 is making this difficult.  ???

Both dealers said that for my spec, they would order it from the factory which would take several weeks.

I think I might have to hop on a plane.  :'(

Edit: I just looked at the website of the dealer in NY offering the best price. They say the unit ships directly from the Keystone factory??? I'll ask them who does the dealer prep and if it is possible if I see it before it ships. Also, the unit doesn't need to be registered if it is being exported... so no sales tax.

Is the guy in NY a RV wholesaler?  If he is, the person transporting the trailer does the PDI.  Manufacturers are 6 weeks out right now on delivery.  They are about to go into their busiest time of the year.  Expect 8 weeks for delivery.

WILDinTHEwoods said:
Is the guy in NY a RV wholesaler?  If he is, the person transporting the trailer does the PDI.  Manufacturers are 6 weeks out right now on delivery.  They are about to go into their busiest time of the year.  Expect 8 weeks for delivery.

Digging deeper, this dealer is actually a broker. I'm now talking to a few Laredo dealers around LA and they say they'll match any price.

Tom said:
Don't hold your breath on that one. It took many years for laptop computer power supplies and things like electric shavers in the U.S. to become multi-voltage, whereas we were used to them in the UK many years earlier.

Well I've now decided on an electrical system - see my post here... http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=9624.0

Since I'm going to stick with a 110v factory system, I've already purchased a 120v Honda Eu3000 generator (am I the first person to buy a generator before an RV?)  and tested it at home with a Sony 28 LCD, DVD player, Sat, Laptop and phone charges. Now these are all NZ appliances that happen to run dual voltage - 120/240v. Excellent! I love it when a plan comes through.

Finn said:
....am I the first person to buy a generator before an RV?

You may start a new trend. Congratulations on the plan.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom