My Visa Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ttbeachbum

The tuna fishing trip was called a couple of weekends ago due to the torrential rain and craft advisory. So, the Captain decided we would go for Bass. Yes it downpoured, but, the Captain doing the drift of the inlet, found the bass. Now, DH was assisting one of the guests bring in their keeper bass with the net. The tip of the net lifts the Captain's daughter's fishing pole right out of the rod holder. DH doesn't feel the fishing pole tugging on the end because of the weight of the 25 lb bass he is assisting to bring into the boat. Out goes the daughter's fishing pole. She is sleeping in the cabin. The Captain almost has a heart attack. This is no ordinary fishing pole, his pre-teen daughter won this prized fishing pole from the tournament the weekend prior.? ? ? ?It sinks before anyone could get the net free in the attempt to save it. We tell DF (the Captain) that we would replace the pole. He is quite distraught about daughters reaction.? ? ? He asked that when I return to go to the Marina to find out the reel type (I knew it was an ugly stick). Fastforward, many fish caught, many fish released. We limited out. We get back to the dock, I jump off the boat, race to the marina where the tournament was explaining our predicament. The owner was not available, but I was able to get make of reel not model. They did not have any extras to purchase. I run to Walmart, to look for set up, not to be found. On my race to Walmart, I passed a privately owned sports shop which I stopped in on my return. I explain the predicament. I was able to get the rod and reel, line it up, they even put a swivel on it for me? ?

$150.00 to replace the rod and reel. My VISA Moment, Bass Dinner (that I cook) $150, replacing a little girls winning prize, priceless

Attachments

• boysandtheirfish.jpeg
    boysandtheirfish.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 50
  • steviesactchoftheday.jpeg
    steviesactchoftheday.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 43
Love the story  But sure would have like to have seen the pics of the Rod with a 25# Bass on the end of it.;

if you go to the first link, the fish to end right was the 25 lb bass;

If and when I upgrade the digital camera, I will have more action shots  ;)

ttbeachbum said:

$150.00 to replace the rod and reel. My VISA Moment, Bass Dinner (that I cook) $150, replacing a little girls winning prize, priceless

Thank you for sharing this story.  I had a chuckle and just love stories with happy endings.  I  know that sinking feeling when you watch something sink and there is nothing you can do about it !
Betty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom