need advice on purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceee

My husband ans I looked at a used keystone laredo last night has anyone had any experience with these, we actually have been interested in the wildcat by forest river but we are having trouble finding a used one close to home. This laredo is close and in good condition.

iceee said:
My husband ans I looked at a used keystone laredo last night has anyone had any experience with these, we actually have been interested in the wildcat by forest river but we are having trouble finding a used one close to home. This laredo is close and in good condition.

Looked them up on Google.  Looks like a fairly plush line.

I will repeat my usual mantra:  A trailer is just a box on wheels filled with some furniture and a bunch of appliances and electronic devices all of which bear their own warranties.  What you see is what you get.  Look for fit and finish.  Have the seller run the A/C, the water heater, the furnance, the refrigerator, and the microwave (boil a cup of water).
Since the fridge will have to run for a few hours in order to tell how it is, make an appointment to have that done.

If the trailer is over 4 years old assume that the tires should be replaced.  If the seller says they have been replaced, check the dating on the tires.  Tread wear on a trailer is not as important as on a heavily used automobile.    Batteries last even less, assume you will have to replace those.  You replace all the tires including the spare

Make the seller extend and retract all the slide outs.  Make him show you how to do it, and try it yourself.

Check the undercarrige.  Superficial rust is tolerable but heavy pitting is not.  Look out for a bent frame. 

Thank you Carl,
I feel confident that we made the right choice I picked up keys yesterday!!  Thanks for your help! Marissa

iceee said:
Thank you Carl,
I feel confident that we made the right choice I picked up keys yesterday!!? Thanks for your help! Marissa

Congratulations on your purchase.  I'm sure you will have some very enjoyable travels in it.

iceee said:
Thank you Carl,
I feel confident that we made the right choice I picked up keys yesterday!!? Thanks for your help! Marissa

You are more than welcome.  You all have some nice times with that trailer, heah! ;D

Back
Top Bottom