Need advise HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgh_AL

Some rotten low life attempted to steal the catylatic converter from my MH while parked at the storage facility .Hacked up the whole exhaust system and still didn't get the C.C.

Im going to need everything Y pipe back
Where's a good place to start finding replacement parts . I have a 92 Fleetwood Pace Arrow GM chassis & drive train

Any muffler shop i agree, damn crooks hit our storage lot recently too. Not sure how many they got or wrecked but they got them on camera and a plate. If its not cats its batteries for the acid to make meth and they recycle money

Last edited:
If they just cut here and there, sleeves and clamps might fix many of your problems.
I looked at it today with a cooler pair of eyes . And it might not be as bad as first thought. First i can't understand why they didn't take the catylatic converter .

I layed under there took a look and in two minutes I had the whole exhaust system on the ground with the cat . I think it can be pieced back together with some sleeves and clamps and some welding .

The only thing that was holding it all was the three hangers . I just slid the pipes back and lowered them down . On the ground two minutes

Have you considered getting a quote from a muffler shop and have it built instead of DIY? It may not be as bad as you anticipate, especially if you order parts specifically manufactured for your model. Those could get pricey.
You need to find a muffler shop that can handle the height of the RV.

No i didn't report it to my insurance company yet . I want to survey the damage my self first.
You need to find a muffler shop that can handle the height of the RV.
Yes I realize that and Im going to make an effort to see what I can find today . Actually I think im going to try to do it myself . Rv garages are rare around my area . I have the whole exhaust system in the bed of my truck .

Im going to check a few local muffler shops to see what they think . This is the original exhaust and id like to retain it . Much better quality than this Chinese garbage of today.

I'd report it simply because it seems that they might have prepped and plan to come back to finish the heist. I caught a meth head under my truck in a public park in GA. He was in his car and gone in seconds. Now when I am at hotels etc, I took a harbor freight driveway monitor, attached a large magnet to the sender, painted it black. At least when someone crawls under my truck, a goofy alarm is going off inside the truck, might spook someone away, although I'll never know.

Back
Top Bottom