Need to buy Captain and copilot seats / chairs for my motor home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhbell

Has anyone bought Captains and Copilot chairs from a company called "shop 4 seats com"? They seem to have good prices and are a lot less expensive than Flex steel. Anyone had experience with them. Good or Bad? I would like to hear from you. I need to buy new captain and copilot seats for my motor home.
Tia
Mel
:)

Can't help with the company you mention, but there are several warehouse stores in Elkhart, IN that specialize in overflow rv components from the local rv manufacturers. We bought a seat there (just the seat ready to attach to the base) for our last MH for around $400. They had dozens of seats ranging from about $200 to $600 at the time. Google is your friend.

Ernie

I haven't, but will offer the opinion that you pretty much get what you pay for in this kind of seating. You should also be aware that Flexsteel makes seats in all price ranges, with commensurate differences in fabric, padding, adjustability, etc., so compare features as well as pricing.

Have you considered getting your existing chairs recovered and re-padded? You can pull them out yourself and take to an upholstery shop.

Gary RV Roamer said:
I haven't, but will offer the opinion that you pretty much get what you pay for in this kind of seating. You should also be aware that Flexsteel makes seats in all price ranges, with commensurate differences in fabric, padding, adjustability, etc., so compare features as well as pricing.

Have you considered getting your existing chairs recovered and re-padded? You can pull them out yourself and take to an upholstery shop.
Well Gary I guess you have not priced a recover job. We had our dinette cushions recovered and it cost $600 and that was the least expensive bid most were in the $900 to $1100 range. The captains and copilot chairs would cost over $1200 or more to recover. I can buy new cheaper including flex steel chairs. The ones I am looking to buy will run around $800 for both of them. BTW the reason for replacing the chairs is because when I bought the motor home Used, the chairs were stained and the copilot chair is missing an arm I have tried to get a arm or even just the metal arm frame. No one has them new or used. I can't see spending a whole bunch of money when we don't go as much anymore and when we do we don't drive more than 300 miles in a day. if the chairs that we buy last 5 years I will be happy. I am 77 years old so will not be RVing much beyond 80 years old.
Mel
Mel
Mel

LOL, I didn't say it was cheaper, but you can get exactly what you want. Prices vary a lot by area too, and prices are often lower in smaller towns/cities.

In any case, I was just throwing out ideas. If price is the top priority, one of the online discount RV furnishings places is probably the best bet. Have you checked seating on Ebay and at other online suppliers like these?

www.coachsupplydirect.com/rv-products/rv-class-a-captains-chairs/
www.discountvantruck.com
www.factoryrvsurplus.com

Gary RV Roamer said:
LOL, I didn't say it was cheaper, but you can get exactly what you want. Prices vary a lot by area too, and prices are often lower in smaller towns/cities.

In any case, I was just throwing out ideas. If price is the top priority, one of the online discount RV furnishings places is probably the best bet. Have you checked seating on Ebay and at other online suppliers like these?

www.coachsupplydirect.com/rv-products/rv-class-a-captains-chairs/
www.discountvantruck.com
www.factoryrvsurplus.com
Yes I have been googling for a week and checking and rechecking. seats 4 sale seems to be the least expensive and they have a lot of good reviews. The only problem seems to be lead time and customer support if you have a problem.
Mel

mhbell said:
Has anyone bought Captains and Copilot chairs from a company called "shop 4 seats com"? They seem to have good prices and are a lot less expensive than Flex steel. Anyone had experience with them. Good or Bad? I would like to hear from you. I need to buy new captain and copilot seats for my motor home.
Tia
Mel

I purchased a sleep sofa from them over a year ago. Excellent quality and superb customer relations. They shipped it from California to NH. No issues whatsoever. I'd recommend them anytime.

Rene T said:
I purchased a sleep sofa from them over a year ago. Excellent quality and superb customer relations. They shipped it from California to NH. No issues whatsoever. I'd recommend them anytime.
I read some 75 reviews on this company, and most were good, but there were several that complained about lack of customer service and communication. I sent them a email asking for samples and a lead time frame for delivery if I ordered. If I don't hear from them, then I won't buy. The product from the reviews is good, but the communication and followup seems to be lacking.
Mel
:whistling:

mhbell said:
I read some 75 reviews on this company, and most were good, but there were several that complained about lack of customer service and communication. I sent them a email asking for samples and a lead time frame for delivery if I ordered. If I don't hear from them, then I won't buy. The product from the reviews is good, but the communication and followup seems to be lacking.
Mel
:whistling:

I had no communication issues at all. I can't remember the lady's name but she was super.

Just thought of her name. It was Clara. I would just call them instead of a E-Mail. Ask for her.

Rene T said:
I had no communication issues at all. I can't remember the lady's name but she was super.

Just thought of her name. It was Clara. I would just call them instead of a E-Mail. Ask for her.
I finally Called and got a man called Alex who was very knowledgeable and very helpful. I ordered 2 Captains chairs from them with the optional 7 spring seat and my color choice of material. Shipping was very reasonable at $29 a chair for a grand total of $960. Will be here in about 6 weeks. I will post pictures when I get them.
Mel

I would sure appreciate seeing photos of captains chairs in a class c, ford e450 if possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjoutdoors
Back
Top Bottom