Need to choose between a travel trailer or motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was that on the way to or the way from Centermost?

Well, actually, neither.  Just one of our normal east-west runs I think.

ArdraF

Wendy

>>It was a little scary going from Julian down to Anza Borrego but that was more a steep, windy "oh my gosh, we're going to burn up our brakes" kind of a problem<<

I've seen a couple of people burn up their brakes on that grade.
Jim Dick was with me at a pull out there when a family in a mini-van pulled in with no brakes & couldn't understand how he lost them.<G>

Terry A. Brewer said:
Wendy

>>It was a little scary going from Julian down to Anza Borrego but that was more a steep, windy "oh my gosh, we're going to burn up our brakes" kind of a problem<<

I've seen a couple of people burn up their brakes on that grade.
Jim Dick was with me at a pull out there when a family in a mini-van pulled in with no brakes & couldn't understand how he lost them.<G>

I did that grade once downhill....in first gear....nursing the brakes.... with white knuckles.  They call it the Montezuma Grade I believe.  Better Montezuma's Revenge.  It scales at 11% on my maps.

Isn't Montezuma Grade the one on S22 from Hwy 79 near Warner Springs down to Borrego Springs? We did that one in the Explorer and also in the VW and tried to stay ahead of the RVs who were charging down the road. When we went into Anza Borrego in December, it was raining in the desert and snowing in the surrounding mountains and people who worked in the park but lived up in Warner Springs were stuck in the park....glad we didn't try to go into the park that route !

Wendy
in rainy Bolsa Chica SB

Wendy,

You are right, Montezuma Grade is S22 off of Highway 79 from Warner Springs.  The one you all have been referring to is just plain HWY 78 out of Julian, down to Anza Borrego/Borrego Springs.  HWY 78  intersections S2 at "Scissors Crossing" .  There is a Passport America park call "Stage Coach Trails" on S2 just east of that Scissors Crossing junction.  That whole area is my old stomping grounds for horse camping.  I've been up and down all of the grades with a full load of horses at one time or another.

Marsha~

Wendy

>>Isn't Montezuma Grade the one on S22 from Hwy 79 near Warner Springs down to Borrego Springs?<<

That's the one I was referring to...

Terry A. Brewer said:
Wendy
>>Isn't Montezuma Grade the one on S22 from Hwy 79 near Warner Springs down to Borrego Springs?<<
That's the one I was referring to...

Mike was thinking about going that way when we went to AB in December but fortunately, it was snowing and I talked him into the going the long, flat way from Riverside through Coachella. Longer but much easier especially in crummy weather.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom