New 2013 Adventurer(Getting ready to take delivery) Need advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin1959

Hello to all, early in 2012 you folks walked me through my purchase of our 1st MH (2007 Itasca Cambria). And I greatly appreciate all the advise that was given.  After 2 seasons we have decided to upgrade to Class A. Long story short, we have found and made a decision on a New 2013 Adventurer 32H from Lazydays Tampa. We live in Mass. While Lazydays was going through the coach in preparation for them to deliver ( yes, deliver it to me ) they called me Monday and said they had found they needed to replace inverter and then today called and said converter had also failed. Salesman said they suspect lightning was cause. To all you experts out there, should I be nervous here, or trust they will have coach perfect when they start the journey north to me. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Congrats!

First off, let me say that Lazydays has a better than average service department.  Regarding your battery charger/inverter - if it failed once or twice I would not be too concerned.  Could be a fluke, could be a bad diagnosis by Lazydays, who knows.  Way too early to be concerned at this point.

I would say it is surprising that they told you. They are replacing it under warranty on an undelivered coach. It is good they caught it before delivery.

It would make me think that they really went through the coach to test all systems and make sure they work before delivering it. 

But I would rather fly down, pick up the unit and camp near by for a few nights to make sure everything works.  I've read too many stories on here about new coach problems, and that new coaches need a few bugs worked out of them.  And if any thing is amiss, I could take it back to the dealer that sold it to me.  I would think they would service the coach better than a dealer that didn't sell it to me.  ie. Priority service bay, less time waiting, more thorough, etc..  A shop that didn't sell it to me and is just doing warranty work, may not be as concerned about the customer, than the shop that sold it.

Plus, FL is nice this time of year, and on the way back you could detour through Chesapeake Bay on Hwy 13 where you will find some awesome views and seafood.  ;)

Lazydays has their own campsite available for customers, I believe. Take a day or three and check out everything. Congrats and good luck!!!

Just an observation - I had my new coach (not from Lazy Days) delivered across the country (1500 miles) last year with the same trepidation you are having. The upside of this, is that if they have any problems, they will have to resolve them enroute or arrange to fix them on arrival.

That doesn't necessarily count for non-essential items like fit and trim, but you can at least expect it went all the way to your place in one piece. And by the way, I did not have then, nor do I have now any issues related to a new coach.

There are pros and cons either way.

And the coach I traded in lost a slide lock on their way back, so you have to love the irony of all of that.

You just have to balance the effort of traveling down to get it and time lost (if even available) verses the possibility you will receive it delivered in fine working order. Very personal decision. Best of luck either way, and congrats on the new rig!

Kim

Yes, I too am impressed that they not only found the problem, but cared enough to fix it prior to delivery. A lot of dealers would just ship it and let the dealer on the other end worry about it.  I wouldn't worry about it, it sounds like you are getting a good coach from a good dealer.

Sounds like you'll save a nice bit of $$$$$ on fuel if they deliver it as well.
Good Luck on your new purchase.

Alfa38User said:
Lazydays has their own campsite available for customers, I believe. Take a day or three and check out everything. Congrats and good luck!!!
Stu - Lazydays has sites for buyer/customers, I think there is (or was) a three day limit and then there is (or was) their nearby rally grounds open to anybody.  In this particular situation, Lazydays is delivering the unit to the customer in the N.E.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom