New 5th wheel owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mary

Well I am so glad I found this place. It's great!  I am also very excited to be purchasing a used 5w. Its a Coachman RKS29.4 2002. Really wierd because it's new, never been titled. Getting all kinds of strainge unreliable stories from the dealer so I really don't know what the story is on this 5w. I checked it out really really good yesterday. I spend about 3 hours inside looking for sighns of usage but could not find any. Sticker's are all still on the sink, tub, microwave, sofa and chair. Looks new to me. Outside is a little faded too.

Well, a little about myself and my husband. I am 45 and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year. I was able to have an operation to remove my pancreas and just finished my radiation and chemo two weeks ago. I am a bit skinny but feel ok. Two weeks ago, my husband 48 was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. Yep, it is pretty unbelievable I know. He had no symptoms at all and went in for a routine Colonoscopy and they found a huge tumor. He is not operable right now so he will be starting chemo next week. That is why we went ahead and am purchasing this 5w. It has been our dream to travel. I will be happy camping in my yard with it, if I have to.  We live in Florida and have one son in the Air Force.

Well I am so glad I found this place. It's great!  I am also very excited to be purchasing a used 5w. Its a Coachman RKS29.4 2002. Really wierd because it's new, never been titled. Getting all kinds of strainge unreliable stories from the dealer so I really don't know what the story is on this 5w. I checked it out really really good yesterday. I spend about 3 hours inside looking for sighns of usage but could not find any. Sticker's are all still on the sink, tub, microwave, sofa and chair. Looks new to me. Outside is a little faded too.

It could have been sitting in a dealer's backlot somewheres, or involved in a bankruptcy.  Ask the dealer if it has ever been registered.  Ask to see his evidence of title.    As you say, something is fishy -- especially if the dealer's story is varying.  Do the tires show wear?  Are the batteries still good?

Sorry to hear of your health problems but I think you are wise  to seize the moment and travel while you can. Happy Trails!

Remember that the tires on this trailer have been deteriorating even though it may never have ben used. Tires will die of old age at about 7 years, no matter what you do, so figure on replacing them at no later than 6 years from the date of tire manufacture.  Tires that sit around, without exercise, die even sooner, but hopefully you can get a year of use out of these.

The battery(s) are probably also pretty well shot, so don't be surprised if they won't hold a charge or give very short service.  Check the water in the cells before using - it has probably evaporated even though not in use.

Rv dealers often make used car dealers look like paragons of virtue, so be very careful with this purchase. Make sure the vehicle paperwork, especially the new title in your name,  is all correct before leaving the dealership.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowtoast
Back
Top Bottom