New and coveting my neighbors stuff!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

singlemom7

I am Already aware that at 40 I know better than to not appreciate what I got.  However, some of these 400k rigs I see beside me in various rv parks begs the question......

What in the world do I have to do to get one of those?????!!!!!

Full time rver, fulltime single mom, half time neat freak!

singlemom7 said:
What in the world do I have to do to get one of those?????!!!!!

You have several options for getting one of those.....

1: Win lotto
2: Publisher's clearing hosue
3: Meet, woo and marry rich hsuband (But then you'd have to change your user name)

4: Well you get the idea I'm sure.

there are two ways people get those other than a rich uncle.

1: I met one young man, younger than I, in a Prevost, he is a Country Music Star and well paid for what he does.. and I might add he does it very well.

2: Most young people have considered life insurance, Many (myself included) buy some it is way less expensive if you sign up in your 20's after all.

BUT, there are many policies out there, Whole life, Return of Premimum lots of 'Gimicks' to get you to buy over priced insurance  (Cash value is another one)

Find out how much one of those would cost and set aside that amount EACH month, use a small portion of it tu buy TERM insurance, likely 2 or 3 times what you'd have gottin in Whole Life.... now invest the rest in a good mutual fund.

If you do your research you should be able to find a fund in the 7 to 14 percent return rate (14 is a bit riskey) at 7.2% your money doubles in 10 years.  So over 30 years (Aberage working life) if you invest just 100 dollars, it becomes 200, 400 800, and of course if you go another 10 years 1600, now remember you have kept investing every month of that 30-40 years.  You could easily end up with that 400K Motor home, and 400K in spending money, and more left in the bank. .

Though in fairness, the cost of the motor home may keep increasing too,,,Usually doubling about every 15-20 years.  But your investments are doubling.... Faster.

I lived in 39 foot DP with 4 slides for a year. I did not like having a rig that big. I now have a 32 foot class A with no slides and I like it much better. The cost on big rigs is extremely expensive. All those options are expensive to maintain and service. Many campgrounds you can't fit into. Sure the big rigs look all sexy and everything, but for my money I much prefer simpler and shorter.

Yeah I would have to change the corvette tags too......many men have threatened to change the tags but none have succeeded as other peoples money does not fancy me......earning mine however does!

Corvette tags say singlmom

Thanks for the insight though, I still want a little newer than I have and am willing to work for it.  I put in a response to an employment ad.....got schooled.

I did not understand the full scope of job requirement "specializes in group presentations!"

Lmao

Most of us are somewhere in the middle I think.  My rig was 125k new in 2002, and I have the sales recept to prove it.  The original owner paid ~2500 per month to get that nut cracked in 5 years.  5 years after he paid it off, he sold it to me for 32k. He lost huge on the investment because it was never used much, personally I wish he had bought a 34 foot Southwind instead of a 37 foot Bounder, but new hardware all around and it looks very Southwind inside now.  In my current state I know there are rigs out there Much nicer than mine, and I know there are MANY even the same year that are far worse off.

You mention in another thread a DP around 40-50K, I'd love something like that.  I couldn't reach that high up when we bought, so buy what you can afford and take very good care of it, you will be the envy of some but not all.

Jeff

I ended up paying 27k for the rig 3k for the car hauler and the car was already mine.  I know I have a nice home.....just dreaming out loud.

Hard work buys a lot of things. You don't have to have a $400,000 rig to be happy. You can be happy with whatever you make your mind up to be happy with. Contrary to a sometimes popular opinion, most of those folks worked their butts off for a long time to afford one of those. And, most of them didn't have a $400,000 rig when they were 40, either.

Save and invest, it's time tested.

Ken

Do you really think the Rolex keeps better time than the Timex?

My BIL used to repair watches and, when I gave him my 10 year old Timex to repair, he said "it's rusty inside". I explained that I never took it off, even to shower. I also let him know that his job was to get it to work, which he did.

On one of my numerous trips to Asia, I bought a fake Rolex;  It lasted exactly two weeks.

I recently had a local watch repairer replace the batteries in a couple of Seiko watches. When I asked him "how old is this watch", he replied "this is about 15 years old". He was stunned when I told him I'd bought it 45 years ago in Hong Kong (not a fake).

Edit: Fixed typo.

Well tonight we are, as my former MIL used to say, "betwixed and between".......

On our left this insanely tall exotic brand new looking toy hauler, that we are highly coveting.......

On our right is something that I think someone mentioned earlier, people that think what we have is to die for.....

So far on opposite ends of the rv spectrum, I am more interested on the people inside them and how they live and what motivates them.  I am a people watcher.

Funny thing is, (I know a lot of people think all Corvette people are jerks).  I give my keys to people that would only dream of driving one.......kids even.  But, This house and my vette are things I hate others to stop and look at.  My dad raised us with the fear that anyone looking at your house or car are trying to rob you lol.  Pops seriously has enough money to worry about that, I however do not........but I always send the kids to look and see "what those people want". Lol I am still getting used to others only dreaming because they never took a few moments to find out if they could do it or not.  Hopefully I will display why you should!

You know, singlemom7.... my husband and I went looking at RVs today. We walked around in those amazing rigs that are WAY out of our price range, but I was more excited with our humble options. I am ready to get moving! We can afford what we can afford, and I know that no matter what that is we will make it feel like home.

Anyways, I think it is awesome that you are a single mom and still able to full time RV. That rocks!

singlemom7 said:
Yeah I would have to change the corvette tags too......many men have threatened to change the tags but none have succeeded as other peoples money does not fancy me......earning mine however does!

Corvette tags say singlmom

Thanks for the insight though, I still want a little newer than I have and am willing to work for it.  I put in a response to an employment ad.....got schooled.

I did not understand the full scope of job requirement "specializes in group presentations!"

Lmao

Hey Mom. Catchy Ad. I would have applied too..lol. The "group presentations" of which I have experience is most used in the Timeshare/Vacation Ownership/Resort/Lake Lot/Membership Camping Sales industry. That mean you have to give a group pitch to a varying amount of potential customers (Up's or Mooches) who come promising themselves they aint going to buy anything but just pick up the free coo coo clock ATV or whatever they was offered in the scammy invitation. Your job should you decide to accept it would be to:

1. Make a friend.
2. Show em around and see if they like it..which they all like it so that part is easy.
3. Turn em over to the money person before they some out from under the spell of the magic web you have weaved.

I bet you would be very good at it. Prob make a fortune. Touring in the Vet would not be real practical.  The key would be to show em you have a Vet...then say shoot we cant all ride in that thing..so they will suggest to use their sled instead which saves your gas.  Never missed a sale when I could talk the potential owner into letting us go in their car. You should be a millionaire shortly. Give that a try. You can live on the Resort free in your RV and travel to other resorts doing the same job. If a person has IRS issues they claim changing resorts every 90 days always stays one step ahead of em.  We worked for a company called NACO..which last was heard had got somewhat entangled with Thousand Trails..should be others out there in the same business. If so that should work. Just cash the checks quickly..lol.

LMAO Great post!!!

Gotta let my son read that, group presentations in some circles mean a thing or two else.......I can't wait to show him this, oh the conversations we keep having.

Now your thinking rational. Its a real special life style. Best of fortunes to you and yours. We was born on Thursday but not last Thursday. All kinds of of colloquial witticisms available for them who tend to repeat stuff they have heard. Kindly dont get me started..lol.

Well puddle jumpers march to a  whole different beat of the drum as mentioned previously. Who has seen a nice looking buck teeth lady who could eat an ear of corn through a chain link fence? Dont make some take extry heart pills. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom