New Big RIg RVer and member here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree there is a chance that a site may not be available to every PA member that happens to stop at a park but then this can also happen at any other Park from time to time.  We have found parks full on a few occasions but it just happens this has yet to happen to us at a PA park but it will probably happen sometime.

One thing we always try to do is get off the road early, around 4:00pm or so. It seems like many wait until 5:00 or later and that's when campgrounds start to fill up quickly. We also call ahead once we know where we want to stop and make sure a site is available. So far it has worked.

Jim Dick said:
One thing we always try to do is get off the road early, around 4:00pm or so. It seems like many wait until 5:00 or later and that's when campgrounds start to fill up quickly. We also call ahead once we know where we want to stop and make sure a site is available. So far it has worked.

That works for us too.  As you know we use the same procedure.  We seldom even call ahead but just show up at the campground before 16:00.

I appreciate the information.  I have also called ahead when we were traveling pulling our trailer.  Been a time or two we took a chance and headed for a site and hoped for the best.  LOL  Since I presently have both Good Sam and KOA(which is paid for by my motorclub plan with allstate) I have yet to have too many problems finding places to stay.  But since I bought my motor home last year, it seems finding a place that can both fit us in and just has a place to stay seemed to be harder.  Last year we had two different nights where we played heck to find a place to stop in Idaho and in Utah.  I will look into PA once we hit the rodes again in 2008 or 2009.

Ron said:
That works for us too.  As you know we use the same procedure.  We seldom even call ahead but just show up at the campground before 16:00.

Ron,

One reason we usually call ahead is to be sure they are still members of PA. Sometimes the updates don't get to us in a timely manner. :) It also lets them know we are a large motor coach and, hopefully, they'll save a larger spot for us. It's certainly not required to call but it makes the co-pilot feel better. ;D

Hey Ron whats the secret to having your copilot happy?  LOL  I bought mine a nintendo ds so she can play games and not watch the road when I drive.  She kept telling me I was too far to one side or the other, or going too fast or all kinds of other things.  LOL  Oh and I also got a roaming satellite system put on our motor home a few month ago so she could watch tv while I am driving too.  We have not been out on a run yet with the tv but hope to do it when we head out in april. 

Back
Top Bottom