New Bypass Bridge at Hoover Dam Expected to Open November 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zukIzzy said:
I'd cross it and pay good $ to put on my gear and get a good view from the top of the tower. In my younger days I would have considered jumping if I could get a fast boat pick up on the bottom ;D

Oh yeah, what a cool bridge to bungee jump from.

The killers..........They have to be stopped before it is too late!

Attachments

• golden-retriever-puppies.jpg
    golden-retriever-puppies.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 18
seilerbird said:
I don't understand why anyone would be afraid to cross that bridge. Looks pretty safe to me.
Because it just looks crazy, if I had to cross it I would, but since i can go through Laughlin......no thanks.
The other bridge that I hate is the one that goes up over Lake Charles on I-10 in Louisiana, also Lake Pontchartrain Causeway (even before Katrina) I've been on a lot of bridges, just don't like the feeling.
J

34footer said:
Because it just looks crazy, if I had to cross it I would, but since i can go through Laughlin......no thanks.

I believe TomS was writing about the Mackinac vs. the Hoover Bypass bridge. The roadbed of the Mackinac bridge is less than 200 feet over the water, much like tons of other bridges in the US. It is a "long" bridge vs. high over the water.

Bob Buchanan said:
I believe TomS was writing about the Mackinac vs. the Hoover Bypass bridge. The roadbed of the Mackinac bridge is less than 200 feet over the water, much like tons of other bridges in the US. It is a "long" bridge vs. high over the water.
I guess it really doesn't matter, if it's your time it's your time. We've had cars and trucks out here in L.A. fall into sink holes from old pipes, freeways falling from earthquakes. I guess bridge accidents happen at about the same rate, not everyday.
J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom