New counter tops and sinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blues Driver

2010 Winne 26A. Thinking of removing existing bath and kitchen tops (dark) and sinks (stained)and replacing with Corion and molded sinks. Has anyone done this with Corion or other product?
Thanks,
Pat

We replaced the formica countertops on our '00 Bounder when we bought it.
We originally wanted Corian that matched the existing marble looking formica so that the tables would match, but we would have had to purchase a whole sheet. We saved money(almost $400)by using some that the countertop guy had left over from another job. It doesn't match the table, but it's the right color to blend with the rest of the interior.
Funny thing was that we went to an RV show a few weeks later and almost all the new RVs had countertops that matched what we had ended up with.
As it turns out, the fact that the table is different from the counters isn't that noticeable anyway.

Corion is a man made product. It scratches easily, so unless your really careful it can look horrible in a year or two. Just a word to the wise from someone who made the corion mistake years ago

Huh. What are you doing on your counters, rebuilding engines? I've had corian in my S&B homes for decades and am quite pleased with it. Being molded it can be sanded and polished if needed. The corian counter in the bathroom of my last house had a scorch mark in it from a curling iron (women use those on their heads?) and I was able to remove it completely. Corian in an RV would win hands down over the laminate that's in there. Granite or quartz gets the nod for durability but not crazy about using those materials in a moving vehicle.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I want quartz top in the remodeled kitchen in the house, so was thinking of using the remnant to replace counters in the MH. I have seen quartz remnants that would be big enough for a small counter. But I like the corian and haven't had issues with scratches etc.

There is nothing unique about RV countertops and sinks, so use whatever materials and style you like. My last coach was factory equipped with corian countertops everywhere, including corian sinks. Corian is pretty but it is soft and scratches fairly easily, so occasional polishing is need to keep it looking great.

The kitchen counter in my coach are black Corian and scratches very easily. The scratches can be sanded out, but it's a very messy process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom