New from Eastern Panhandle of WV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaccoonRough

Hello,

I am a new travel trailer (camper) owner from the Eastern Panhandle of WV.
I purchased a 2023 Puma Ultra Lite 12FBX at the end of December. I love it.

It will be just me and my dog using it and the size is perfect.

I will be seeking some advice on upgrades and additions on this forum.

Thanks in advance

Spence

Spence,
Two things:
1 - Plan to camp the first night or two in your driveway, with your friend and learn how it all works. When you can spend a whole day in the unit and not have to go inside for something, you are ready to try a day's drive.
2 - We have a prize for the dumbest question, but you can only win it if none of us ever asked that question. (This is a really difficult hurdle to clear.)
Matt_C

Welcome aboard Spence. This is where I usually suggest putting your rig details in your signature but you are already too smart for that - LOL...

Nice Christmas present for yourself!

What are your traveling plans?

Welcome to the forum.
I always tell new people to start two lists. One list is things you have to have and pack them. The 2nd list are things that would be nice to have. Do not pack them yet. After packing the rv and fill all the tanks, go get the rv weighed. This way you can tell if you are overloaded or getting close to being overloaded.
The other thing is that only take something out your house if you have two of them. If there is something you need like a potatoe peeler and you only have one in the house, go and buy one for the rv. The last thing you want is to move items back and forth from the house to the trailer and back to the house after a weekend. Also there are Walmarts all over the place to get things you forgot .
Safe travels and enjoy.

Good post by Rene.

We (my wife and I) try to keep as much as possible in the rig. All kitchen cookware, Corel dinnerware, silverware, knives, and utensils are for the rig only. Most of my clothes stay in the rig, a lot of it stuff I would've given to Goodwill or similar, and even my footwear. The fridge is left on all season so condiments and such are left in the RV fridge, only moving spoilable stuff like milk, breads, and any leftovers back into the house. Doing this makes it fast for picking up and hitting the road.

Back
Top Bottom