New from Fairbanks, Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KL7V

Hi all,

I'm a long time Ham, first licensed in 1984 in Oregon.  I only have about 4 years until retirement, and have been remodeling and refitting a 36' Snowbird 5'er built by NuWa.  It belonged to my parents and is a 1992 model.  It is in absolutely immaculate condition, and was kept in a polebarn in Oregon it's entire life other than some winters in Mexico.

I am part way through an extensive remodel that is successfully transforming the Snowbird into what looks more like a home interior than the basic "RV look".  It has a custom hardwood entertainment center area that will also be the home for the ham gear.  I also built a special ceiling mount drop down 32" flatscreen mount, the TV folds up into the wood housing, and will latch closed.  There is a new fridge/freezer, water heater, and a new black tank will be installed in the spring.

I am going to go all out on the electronics and ham equipment, we plan on spending some time in the 5'er might as well have all the bells and whistles!  Another of my hobbies is satellite TV, so of course the trailer will have the latest and greatest Dish Network gear.  The roof is rubberized, no metal so I will have to come up with a groundplane system for some antennas. 

This large 5'er is towed by a 2010 Dodge 3500 longbed crewcab dually, Cummins 6.7, 6 speed manual, with a B&W turnover hitch system.

I hope to learn a few things in the forum, nice to meet you!

Dale-KL7V

Welcome Dale, glad to see another Fairbanks resident here on the Forum.

Where do you live in Fairbanks. Wife and I used to live on Crystal off of McGrath. Have retired to Arizona but boy do we miss Fairbanks.

Again, welcome to the Forum, look around and don't hesitate to ask any questions you have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom