New HR Endeavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert Himbarger

All

I finally traded in my trusty old 1990 Elite Diesel Pusher for a new 1997 HR Endeavor 36' Quad slides. One downside is that the HR only has a 100 gallon fuel tank where the Elite had 150 gal. Their story is that the mileage will make up for some of the difference. What is the experience with fuel mileage on this type of MH? Also it has a pacbrake, but the salesman could not tell if it was the new model or not. What is the likelyhood that it is a new model or not, and does the old model work very well?

Thanks for any information
Bob

If it's a 1997 coach, it will have the "old" (original) PacBrake. Did you mean 2007? If yes, you could either contact Monaco with the coach number or take a look at the PacBrake. The new one has a very visible additional plunger and spring. See these photos on the PacBrake web site. In the left hand photo, the additional assembly is below the bracket and below the main piston. In the right hand photo it's alongside the bracket and main piston.

The 1997 Endeavor diesels used the Jacobs Extarder exhaust brake.  They were on a Freightliner XC chassis with a 90 gallon fuel tank.  They also didn't make a 4 slide coach in 1997, I think  one slide was all that was available that year.  We have a 1997 37WDS with the kitchen slide.  We get about 9.7mpg over the last 101,000 miles and 10+ years.  You won't get that mileage on today's coaches.

I suspect the OP meant a 2007.

Thanks for the reply. It is a left over 2007. That is why it  was pretty heavily discounted. I will look at it when I take delivery next week. Right now I am unloading my elite and find it increadable how much junk it had tucked in every nic and corner. I think one should unload the RV every two years to prevent this. The elite had a pacbrake but since the back pressure was limited in the 3208 Cat 300, it was less effective than I would desire. We do a lot of western mountains: Vail Pass, Eisenhower tunnel 8 and 9 % grades in Death Valley. We have also done some 16 and 18s in Utah. We have a heavy tow: and 2003 ML 500. To all sorry for the typos. It is a new 2007 HR Endeavor with the ISL Cummins 400 with a pacbrake and 4 slides 0n the Roadmaster RR8R Chassis

Bob

Bob

If it is a 400hp Cummins ISL there is a good chance it has the compression (Jake type) brake.

BernieD said:
Bob

If it is a 400hp Cummins ISL there is a good chance it has the compression (Jake type) brake.

From what I understand some manufacuters did not order the Jack Engine Brake option on the ISL and installed a exhaust brake instead.

Back
Top Bottom