The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimgrayfox

Hi, my name is Jim, I am from Ok but am now in Maryland for the Summer, My wife Charlene and I have been rving for about five years.  We have an 02 Itasca and having problems getting the awning to retract. It will rollin about two feet then stop. If you wait about a minute it will roll in about that much again. I wondered if  any one else has had that problem.  Thanks Jim

jimgrayfox said:
Hi, my name is Jim, I am from Ok but am now in Maryland for the Summer, My wife Charlene and I have been rving for about five years.  We have an 02 Itasca and having problems getting the awning to retract. It will rollin about two feet then stop. If you wait about a minute it will roll in about that much again. I wondered if  any one else has had that problem.  Thanks Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. Where are you in Maryland? We used to have a boat in Allen, near Salisbury on the Eastern Shore. We live in FL but are in CT visiting our daughter and her family.

Sounds like your awning spring might need more tension. Either that or you might have one that's broken. There are two on the big awnings. If you are not familiar with the springs I would suggest you take it to a repair center. You can get hurt if you don't watch what you are doing as there is quite a bit of tension on the springs.

Welcome to the RV Forum Jim and Charlene!  Glad you've joined our online community.  Feel free to join in any ongoing discussion or srtar one of your own.

I had an A&E One Step that did this and it turned out to be a control board. The board shuts off power to the motor if the current draw exceeds 12 amps. My bord was doing this at 4 amps. It took 15 seconds to time out, then I could retract it another foot or two befor it would shut down again. You can bypass the control board with 12v direct to the awning motor to eliminate the board. The board protects the motor from burnout when it reaches it's limit, out or in. The board was $149, but it cost me $350 to have someone else fix it. I didn't even know I had a control board until the technician showed it to me under a bunk.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Thanks for joining the RV Forum

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom