New New New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GShelton

My wife and I are about to purchase a Raptor 3712TS. We are also looking heavily at the 2008 Ford F-450 (even though I have always been a Chevy guy.)

We are currently building a new home about 1 hr 20 minutes away from our current house so we are looking to live in the RV during the building process. (I am the builder.) We also want to use it to get away every so often during the building and of course after the house is done.

My only other expirience with RVing was a 29' Layton TT we bought for my father a couple of years ago. Used it a couple of times, but it was my fathers residence until he moved to GA. We also had a trailer when I was a kid, but I don't remember much.

Look forward to all of your comments and advice.

Hi and welcome to our forum. Sounds like you have your hands full building the new house. I can see how convenient it would be to live in the trailer curing construction. Let us know if we can answer any questions.

I pull my 3612DS with a Chevy 2500HD,06, Duramax.  The only addition was airbags.  No issues with power, stabi;ity or ride.  I would never own a powerstroke.  Enjoy.  Nick, Lodi Ca

You can get a Chevy Kodiak C4500 chassis cab and have it rigged as a tow vehicle. It's the same class of vehicle as an F450 and makes a great hauler. Several companies customize them (as well as the Fords).

Here's some Kodiaks for sale.

The 08 F-450 is a beast, no doubt about it.  It'll serve you well for that Raptor.  Even though I own a F-250, I'm not biased one way or another towards Ford or Chevy.  But the new F- Series is a pretty nice truck.  Properly outfitted, that F-450 can really tow some big loads.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom