New NJ member, seeking an RV to tow an 8000# race trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJ2000R

I've just begun looking at RV's to tow my 8000# enclosed race car trailer....being a Ford guy and owning my 3rd diesel pickup, I started out looking for a class C Ford diesel, which is like finding a needle in a hay stack....quite costly new, but most used ones are dirty or not what I'm looking for, plus a concern of things breaking due to age....another concern is the towing capacity....no doubt the diesel can pull the weight, but the frame extension is a concern....while I see many class C's towing trailers like mine and even larger, tow ratings so far max out at 5000 pounds....I want to store it indoors for the winter, so a class A wouldnt fit, as I have a 12'-0" overhead door....plus, the bus just feels big and bulky to me....again, its main purpose will be to tow the car to the track, sleep in it while travelling, and at the track....room for two to 4 people....a queen bed in the rear, dinette, and either a couch or over cab bed....length between 26' and 31' with a long wheel base and as little rear overhang as possible....I drove a C+ Endura today with a gas motor, and despite it being a chevy, I was very impressed at how easy it was to drive....many nice features, and the wide front end felt very stable....priced only about $10k over the class C's I've seen, its a bargain....another option is a toter home, but they are kind of pricey....any recommendations appreciated!  Thanks!  :)

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Sounds like you have some challanging points to consider in choosing your RV.  Hopefully we will be able to give you some suggestions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffandjoan
Back
Top Bottom