New Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I think that this is going to be my favorite project.

My Mom left me her home on about 5 acres or about 200,000 sq ft, in the middle of a nice area of town near a golf course about six years ago.

The property is zoned for commercial use and I have had it for sale for about six years mostly waiting for the right use of the property.

My favorite projected use is finally in development. I wanted something that would honor her 57 years of living there. I even considered a small community park.

I am working with a company that is developing an upscale private pay Senior Care facility that will use a different approach. It will offer different levels of care from independent living with services all the way to total care in a setting that is familiar to them and not a traditional nursing home.

The facility will have several buildings that appear to be residential but will incorporate all the safety and support services of a large multistory facility. Each resident will have their own large private area with special amenities similar to a upscale hotel suite.

One of the buildings, probably the social function one, will be named after my mom.

Her house That has been empty for about 6 years will be removed but might be used during construction as an office and security station

I am helping them with the license and regulatory compliance issues as I have for many other health care facilities over the years.

Here are a few pictures of mom's place.

Attachments

• Peine (1).jpg
    Peine (1).jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 18045011-14 (2).jpg
    18045011-14 (2).jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Sounds like a great project and legacy for you mom.

Are you going to operate it or is their a group that is going to manage the place?

How wonderful! And what a great compliment and legacy. Come do the same thing here where I live as a facility as you’re planning is much needed in this small town.

That's wonderful Bill. You must be very pleased. I

It's such a lovely tribute to your mom. I'm sure she'd have loved it.

Well done!

Sounds like a great project for you to use your experience and to remember your mother.

Ed

There are lots of things to do for this project. They have already started on the site planning, building drawings, regulatory meetings and such.

I am helping them with walking them thru some of the issues as licensing and regulatory compliance.

I also helped them by financing part of the project for them.

It will be several months till it is complete.

Tomorrow there is a planning meeting with the city zoning department.

There will be a power point presentation on the initial plan.
Here are a few pictures of what they may look like with a exterior view, a floor plan, a simulation of the floor plan and an initial site plan of a possible layout of the residential looking facilities.

Attachments

• Eva Senior1.jpg
    Eva Senior1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Eva Senior 2.png
    Eva Senior 2.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Eva Senior 3.jpg
    Eva Senior 3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Eva senior5.jpg
    Eva senior5.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Presentation1 layout.png
    Presentation1 layout.png
    467.5 KB · Views: 15
Tomorrow there is a planning meeting with the city zoning department.

There will be a power point presentation on the initial plan.
Here are a few pictures of what they may look like with a exterior view, a floor plan, a simulation of the floor plan and an initial site plan of a possible layout of the residential looking facilities.
Thanks guys,

They had the meeting this morning including a presentation to the city and received a positive response.

The next step is detailed infrastructure engineering, site development, and building plans.
Yes, working on those next steps! Excited to see this vision develop!

I would like to introduce Melanie Claborn.

This project is her dream.

I told her that I posted on here about her project and suggested to her that at different times she might post updates on the progress of this vision of her's

Part of her motivation for this project was that her father's nursing home experience was not as great as it would have been in this new concept of how to care for seniors.

Last edited:
If any of you have a suggestion or two, I would love to hear it!

Here's the vision: We will have a chef during the day who will create meals of the resident's choice. There is no set time for breakfast or lunch or snacks, we could do a set time for dinner a couple of times a week for whoever would like to join, but just like home, food and beverages are at hand for our residents. Residents get to make their own choices and preserve their dignity with respectful staff who become like family. Rest and naps are at the resident's choice. The residents will have a comfortable room and a private bathroom. We will have game times, and as much socialization as the resident wants to have. They can enjoy the music and watch, or jump in and dance! Visualize walking paths and lovely landscaping on 4.51 acres. Plenty of indoor and outdoor space to visit with loved ones, with video conferencing available for those long-distance family members. The home will look and feel like a home; not a "facility". The staff will be hand-picked and trained before they begin work. We desire a family feel and a ratio of 1 staff per 5 residents, which is a huge improvement on the average box facility. The overarching goal is exclusive care for all our residents. No one will be forgotten or left out. Life is valuable and our residents will be pampered and cared for like a revered family member.

The project sounds very nice. My wife and I are residents of an "age in place" community in Mesquite, TX. The community has a section of 3 & 4 unit, independent living apartments of single level and arranged around a courtyard, which is where we currently live. In addition there is a 3 story apartment building and a 4 story condo building, also independent living. There is an assisted living building, a combination rehab hostpital and full care structure and also a memory care building. The dining room serves lunch and dinner for those who wish to eat there with meals at an extra charge. We do not take meals as a part of our plan because we still travel as do many of our neighbors. There are about 600 residents here. You may want to consider some independent cottages of some type for those who are still able to travel. The minimum age to live here is 62 and there are a few who still work, but very few. I hope that your program is a complete success as senior housing is a growing need.

Update:

Here is a new drawing of the site plan and the new floor plan from the Architect.

We had a meeting with the architect and went over ideas of what feature would be important to the residents. These new drawings are the latest version.

The buildings have increased in size and the site plan includes a retention pond at the corner.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    364.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Floor Plan.png
    Floor Plan.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Forum statistics